What ethernet cables are members using?

Bobofei86

Apr 11, 2021
Thanks, keep me posted.
I would like to upgrade my Lan cable between my Roon Rock NUC and my Modem and also the one between my modem and my Switch.
From what i've read the Pink Faun Lan cable seems to the most musical and engaging of the bunch.
Yes and it’s very musical but not as balanced as the FTA which I got it today, Pink Faun add some favor in mid and low frequency which sounds very engaging, i will give 2 weeks for the FTA to run in first and then compare them again, but what I heard so far they are fall into different side of the spectrum

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph

orange55

Sep 13, 2022
London
I use Chord Company Ethernet cables to great effect. A combination of Sarum Super Array and Signature Super Array.

Set-up is: Router > Signature > Melco Server > Signature > SoTM Switch > Fibre > SoTM Switch > Sarum > Streamer.

As is well documented the final cable to the streamer makes a big difference. However, the cable from the router and from the Melco also impact the sound and well worth the investment. Even when fibre is in play.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Yes and it’s very musical but not as balanced as the FTA which I got it today, Pink Faun add some favor in mid and low frequency which sounds very engaging, i will give 2 weeks for the FTA to run in first and then compare them again, but what I heard so far they are fall into different side of the spectrum
So do you still prefer the FTA vs the Pink Faun ?

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I bought a Cardas Network cable from the spool (the black one) and terminated it with Telegartner plugs. No issues, but no comparisons. I don't think I have seen anybody else using this cable at all. Somebody?

jerrybj

Feb 27, 2022
New Zealand
Finally got to plug in my Triode Wire Labs Freedom ethernet cables over the weekend.
Also had a new modded network switch, USB cable and DDC.

The sound was 'jaw dropping,'
At some stage will evaluate on their own, but as part of a whole, brilliant.

Reactions: MattSPL
Jul 8, 2022
This evening I connected the Pachanko LAN cable in my system. The Velvety. I compared it with my Telegartner LAN cable.
Mmmmm…..the Pachanko is still there! What do I like about it? The smoothness of sound. Very natural and very nice flow all over. This cable also makes a bigger picture. I like that very much. This Pachanko sounds from ‘the cold start’ very nice. Be sure: after a while I began to appreciate this LAN cable more and more. I am sure this is caused by the very natural real sound of this cable.

After two hours (approximately) of listening the Pachenko opened up! There was at once more ’deepspace’ in the low notes. The smooth and ultrarefined sound was stil there. Combined with this increase in low part makes this LAN cable very nice

I play with the Pachenko Constellaion mini SE. Connect to the Sforzato DP-010ex. With this set up I can
use the Diretta protocol. This is an incredible nice new way of transmitting the digital signal. Perhaps the Pachanko LAN cable feels itself very comfortable in my set up! Anayway: if possible give this very nice cable a try in your system.

Last edited:
Reactions: bryans

vert

Oct 26, 2015
I’ve tried many audiophile ethernet cables and they all flavor the sound one way or another.

I’ve tried FTA Métis, Tellurium Black Diamond, Total dac, Shunyata Alpha.

My favorites are Entreq and Audience Hidden Treasure.

The Entreq has the advantage of using a ground box which gives it an effortless flow that other cables don’t have.

But I found using 2 spiced up ethernet cables with my Gigafoil was too much of a good thing.

So I’ll either use a Ghent cable or Total dac on the input side.

Last edited:

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I’ve tried many audiophile ethernet cables and they all flavor the sound one way or another.

I’ve tried FTA Métis, Tellurium Black Diamond, Total dac.

My favorites are Entreq and Audience Hidden Treasure.

The Entreq has the advantage of using a ground box which gives it an effortless flow that other cables don’t have.

But I found using 2 spiced up ethernet cables with my Gigafoil was too much of a good thing.

So I’ll either use a Ghent cable or Total dac on the input side.
How does the Totaldac sound compared to the Metis ?

vert

Oct 26, 2015
How does the Totaldac sound compared to the Metis ?

total dac is darker overall than other cables, but I like it on the input side of the gigafoil.

it played well with the Entreq, and the Entreq cable is very picky about what cable it’s used with.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
total dac is darker overall than other cables, but I like it on the input side of the gigafoil.

it played well with the Entreq, and the Entreq cable is very picky about what cable it’s used with.
Is the Metis still musical and not too bright ?

vert

Oct 26, 2015
Is the Metis still musical and not too bright ?

I didn’t spend a lot of time with it, as the Audience was the only cable that was on the same level of the Entreq.

But having the Entreq and Métis together on the gigafol was too much.

Reactions: Thieliste

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I ordered one Pink Faun Interlink, will let you guys know how it does vs my PP LAN cable.
Tomorrow a friend of mine is lending me two of his Neotech NEET-1008 to try out.

SoundQcar

Oct 12, 2011
Half Moon Bay, Ca
Running Sablon 2020 cables exclusively. Router to a Gigafoil, into an Innuos PhoenixNet, then out to a Lumin X1 and an i7 Roon Rock.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Ok guys my PP LAN cable completely smoked the Neotech NEET-1008.
No surprise considering the price difference.

TRHH

Nov 14, 2022
I am more than happy with my CAT6 UTP from BJC :)

Have a nice WE

Torben

Gunnar

VIP/Donor
Mar 24, 2021
Grand Est France
Anyone using a Lan cable from OePhi? If so what do you think of it?

Gunnar

Reactions: jasond

vert

Oct 26, 2015
I ordered one Pink Faun Interlink, will let you guys know how it does vs my PP LAN cable.
Tomorrow a friend of mine is lending me two of his Neotech NEET-1008 to try out.
What did you think of the Pink Faun?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Whatever I find in the cable bin at the thrift store;).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing