What brands are on the picture?

Rasmus

Dec 10, 2019
Does anybody know what brands/models are on this picture, please? Any suggestions would be very appreciated!
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Hifi.jpg
    Hifi.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 146

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
The stereo power amplifier = Threshold model S/450 (Stasis)

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
The speakers look like Harbeths.

Yes they could be /// Harbeth Monitor 40.2 (99.99%)

Now just the preamp and CD player to go ...
Working on the CD player ...

I cannot confirm...the photo is so blurry...in particular the CD player, and even more so the preamp.

* Rasmus, I'm going to find out that preamp ...
What do we get when we got all four of them...a new Tesla Cybertruck?

Last edited:

MasterChief

Jun 26, 2012
Sweden
I think the preamp is to the left of the amp and the small black box with the golden plate do match the Threshold preamp (and because the amp is a Threshold that seems reasonable):

The big grey box to the right is maybe some kind of power distributor? The lack of buttons seems to point in that direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: af428 and NorthStar

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I think the preamp is to the left of the amp and the small black box with the golden plate do match the Threshold preamp (and because the amp is a Threshold that seems reasonable):

The big grey box to the right is maybe some kind of power distributor? The lack of buttons seems to point in that direction.

I zoomed the photo to help ... good detective work on the black Threshold preamp.
...To the left of the amp.

20191210_195256.jpg

Reactions: MasterChief

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
There also seems to be a tube amplifier on top of the Threshold amp.

And there is also a small box on top left of that grey component @ right of the power amp.
Plus, another small black box @ the left of the preamp...see the small black box @ the rear right of the FET Ten photo above.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
There seem to be a bunch of cables on the floor in front of the rack.

Three cables are coming out behind the CD player...a pair of stereo analog interconnects and the AC power cord? I don't know if we can find out the brand and model number of the pair of analog interconnects ... ;)

Rasmus

Dec 10, 2019
Dear all, thank you so much! Theses seems to be correct:

Threshold S/450
Harbeth Monitor 40.2
Copland
FET Nine

I think there is also an tube amplifier on top of Threshold S45 which is almost invisible on the photo..

Good job,
Thanks!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
COPLAND CDA 266 Radio CD Player.

* I looked for that tube amp (atop the Threshold amp) but couldn't find it.
I also looked for the component @ the right of the Threshold amp (silver/grey color front face) but that one too I couldn't locate. I first thought that it was the preamp, I have no idea what it could be, but it sure intrigues me. It was a fun searching quest we the few of us came to as a team. :cool:

Rasmus

Dec 10, 2019
COPLAND CDA 266 Radio CD Player.

* I looked for that tube amp (atop the Threshold amp) but couldn't find it.
I also looked for the component @ the right of the Threshold amp (silver/grey color front face) but that one too I couldn't locate. I first thought that it was the preamp, I have no idea what it could be, but it sure intrigues me. It was a fun searching quest we the few of us came to as a team. :cool:
Yes, thank you so much again! :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing