Warsaw AVS show 2022

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Last weekend in Warsaw there was one of the biggest shows in the industry and funny enough nothing could be read on these pages about it.
Unfortunately I could not attend but from many discussions I had with people who managed to visit it in previous years and this year as well, rate it as one of the best shows industry has and certainly as one of the most "consumer oriented" shows as there is more then 60/70 rooms at the biggest football stadium in Warsaw where companies place their systems in the commentator boots which are apparently nicely acoustically treated as such. On top there are rooms in two hotels hence the show in its sheer size is huge.
So it would be great if any member of the forum was there and could shed some light how it was this year and with some impressions regarding the rooms and exhibitors.
@marslo comes to my mind for the starter... :)

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
I believe Adam Mokrzycki (Elberoth) is in charge of this show but has undoubtedly been too busy to post about it. Happy to hear it's been another great success!

Last edited:

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
@Golum Present;)
We have already some reports from Warsaw in English, enjoy:

And extensive report in Polish but google may help:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: christoph and Golum

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
My 3 favourite rooms , one from each location
Sobieski - TR Audio
Tulip - Sveda/ Lampizator
National Stadium - Blumenhofer / Ypsilon

Adam @Elberoth did a great job again , congrats.

Attachments

• B6881299-7CB8-4392-93F2-393A70BD7565.jpeg
    B6881299-7CB8-4392-93F2-393A70BD7565.jpeg
    745 KB · Views: 49
  • AA65DE65-2D05-4A79-82B6-4DF212ED50E5.jpeg
    AA65DE65-2D05-4A79-82B6-4DF212ED50E5.jpeg
    813.5 KB · Views: 49
  • D268361D-4A10-4150-9994-33C6467254A9.jpeg
    D268361D-4A10-4150-9994-33C6467254A9.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:

JSA

Dec 20, 2020
I was lucky to visit the show this year.
Audio Show in Warsaw has become really huge in size.
A lot of interesting stuff, but I guess most is covered already from the links provided by Marslo.

What I have noticed specifically is:
-more and more manufacturers consider going for Class D + GaN Fet - so it is not only AGD Productions or Atma-Sphere, but I noticed Mytek for instance to offer the exact same concept (still awaiting Atmasphere Class D monoblocks to reach Europe, so that I can try them out - latest estimate is that it should be here by end November)

-a huge variety of streamers for audio, so not only Taiko (they were not present I think), Innuos etc., but essentially everyone across industry is now offering a decent streamer/server; many of them start to be really nice in design and often with large touch screens (becomes kind of a standard)

-there is more and more manufacturers offering horn speakers of smaller size; for instance Destination Audio released a smaller size speaker (Ruby?), there were few more offerings at the event by various companies

What is super nice about Warsaw Audio Show is a very large headphones section where essentially all the top equipment (headphones, DAPs, amps) can be tried out and often compared directly. This is really cool. Amp that clearly stands out this year is Feliks Envy.

hogen

May 15, 2018
Oslo, Norway
I was lucky to visit the show this year.
Audio Show in Warsaw has become really huge in size.
A lot of interesting stuff, but I guess most is covered already from the links provided by Marslo.

What I have noticed specifically is:
-more and more manufacturers consider going for Class D + GaN Fet - so it is not only AGD Productions or Atma-Sphere, but I noticed Mytek for instance to offer the exact same concept (still awaiting Atmasphere Class D monoblocks to reach Europe, so that I can try them out - latest estimate is that it should be here by end November)

-a huge variety of streamers for audio, so not only Taiko (they were not present I think), Innuos etc., but essentially everyone across industry is now offering a decent streamer/server; many of them start to be really nice in design and often with large touch screens (becomes kind of a standard)

-there is more and more manufacturers offering horn speakers of smaller size; for instance Destination Audio released a smaller size speaker (Ruby?), there were few more offerings at the event by various companies

What is super nice about Warsaw Audio Show is a very large headphones section where essentially all the top equipment (headphones, DAPs, amps) can be tried out and often compared directly. This is really cool. Amp that clearly stands out this year is Feliks Envy.

I think Taiko was present in the big Gryphon/Wilson room, with Gryphon Calliope DAC. This room was my definite favourite of the show, in a class of its own in my opinion.

JSA

Dec 20, 2020
My bad. It is really a pity I have missed Taiko. I hope they will come to AVS next year again.

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
I couldn’t get in the Wilson/Gryphon room on Saturday morning, to crowdy.
It was for sure one of the best setup of the show.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
My 3 favourite rooms , one from each location
Sobieski - TR Audio
Tulip - Sveda/ Lampizator
National Stadium - Blumenhofer / Ypsilon

Adam @Elberoth did a great job again , congrats.

videos of the blumenhofer Ypsilon?

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
  • Angry
Reactions: bonzo75

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK

Reactions: marslo and bonzo75

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany

Look at his chanel

Last edited:

hogen

May 15, 2018
Oslo, Norway
Reactions: mr-particle

Trab

Apr 3, 2017
Cracow / Poland
Some people found Blumenhofer sharp, unpleasant. That definitely wasn't my case. Direct, lifelike, smooth presentation just blew me away. Splendid! A friend of mine had the same observation. Though it still doesn't change my other judgement - music was simply played too loud there, as in most of the rooms.

I agree with @marslo, TRaudio is unique in many ways. As a source they had Garrard turntable or Telefunken M-10 tape recorder. When John Lenon sung Imagine, he seemed to be alive.
Apart from that, I look forward to check nicely designed Jcat XACT.

And boy, If only my daughter would like to have a proper stereo :rolleyes: I would buy her wonderfully coherent, creating great 3d image, broadband speakers OGY, plus vintage SCOTT 299 and a streamer. Maybe later ... .

Destination Audio with their small RUBY horn was definitely a highlight too. You can see RUBY next to Accordo in Grobel Audio room. There were a few nicely sounding electrostats this year. They just can make miracles with sound stage in a small room and, they have proper bass too.

Attachments

• ogy.jpg
    ogy.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6006.jpg
    IMG_6006.jpg
    875.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5999.jpg
    IMG_5999.jpg
    548.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5979.jpg
    IMG_5979.jpg
    901 KB · Views: 11

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
This room was way too sharp in the top for my tastes on digital. I did not hear it on analog unfortunately.
That’s true, but the speakers showed their big potential. With different amps and analog source it could be easy tuned in a different way.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
That’s true, but the speakers showed their big potential. With different amps and analog source it could be easy tuned in a different way.

Can they be run on lower watrs? I heard them sound decent with KR at Munich, but haven't heard anything lower watt. KR has a lot of drive and is good. Once at a dealer I heard them with Aavik (horrible amp), and a lower watt grandinote could not drive them. He mentioned a client had them with CAT.

They are good WAF and can do well in medium rooms

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Can they be run on lower watrs? I heard them sound decent with KR at Munich, but haven't heard anything lower watt. KR has a lot of drive and is good. Once at a dealer I heard them with Aavik (horrible amp), and a lower watt grandinote could not drive them. He mentioned a client had them with CAT.

They are good WAF and can do well in medium rooms
No idea about the recommended power of the amp, will have a look on their website.
The reason I do not make films is that distracts me, I prefer concentrate on the sound. It was so different from other rooms , much closer to the live music. I have heard their smaller speaker ( Genuin ?) with Cary amplification and it was also outstanding.
In a smaller scale TR Audio sounded the same way - palpable and lifelike.

Attachments

• F164F5E6-18C8-48E7-9942-437F7FBA3BBE.png
    F164F5E6-18C8-48E7-9942-437F7FBA3BBE.png
    311.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: seblop

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
No idea about the recommended power of the amp, will have a look on their website.
The reason I do not make films is that distracts me, I prefer concentrate on the sound. It was so different from other rooms , much closer to the life music. I have heard their smaller speaker ( Genuin ?) with Cary amplification and it was also outstanding.
In a smaller scale TR Audio sounded the same way - palpable and lifelike.

TR audio was using DaVa cartridge and phono

Reactions: seblop and marslo

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing