May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I've only ever had one wet dream.......thanks for the memory! :p:D

John

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Here is a pic I took earlier today before I had a group of guys over for a day of audio.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
The Prodigy's I recognize... what's the on the left?

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
The Prodigy's I recognize... what's the on the left?

The main speakers in the rig on the left I built. Here is a thread on them: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?341-Custom-DIY-horns

The little yellow speakers were just for the meet. They are normally in a back room. They are Mark and Daniel Maximus Mini. They are phenominal little speakers. You may have noticed I'm a big speaker kind of guy. These are the only book shelf speakers that have ever impressed me.

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Updated photo that now shows the bluetooth in place of the music server.

livingroom0805121.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Speakers are DIY: JBL 2235H, JBL 077, Altec 802-8G on 511B horns. Cabinets are baltic birch and MDF veneered with sapele pommele

Beautiful speakers...i worked to design my equipment rack with a custom cabinet maker who is a serious audiophile...he used the exact same veneer on my equipment rack...stunning. Enjoy!

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Here is a later picture with the Tascam in place. I still need to get a pic with the Music Fidelity M1DAC filling that empty shelf.

TascamBR20d.jpg

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
A lot has changed in the 6 years since I started this thread. Here is the system as it sits today.

Top shelf - Maplenoll clone turntable, Shanling CD-T1500 SACD, Clearaudio Champion II turntable
2nd shelf - Samsung 2T hard drive, Auralic Aires Mini DAC/music server, Sonic Euphoria passive preamp, Lounge Audio phono preamp
3rd shelf - PS Audio Quintessence power center
Far right - Tascam BR-20 reel to reel
On the floor - Antique Sound Labs AQ1006 845 DT MKII mono blocks
Speakers are DIY using Altec and JBL parts

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
A lot has changed in the 6 years since I started this thread. Here is the system as it sits today.

Top shelf - Maplenoll clone turntable, Shanling CD-T1500 SACD, Clearaudio Champion II turntable
2nd shelf - Samsung 2T hard drive, Auralic Aires Mini DAC/music server, Sonic Euphoria passive preamp, Lounge Audio phono preamp
3rd shelf - PS Audio Quintessence power center
Far right - Tascam BR-20 reel to reel
On the floor - Antique Sound Labs AQ1006 845 DT MKII mono blocks
Speakers are DIY using Altec and JBL parts

Thank you for sharing. Can I get a breakdown of the speakers, the drivers and construction in detail?

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Thanks! I do enjoy the hobby on many different levels but the bottom line is just sitting and listening to the music.

..the fit and finish is right up there sir! If they sound half as good as they look, you're set! Congrats!

16hz lover

Aug 2, 2013
How are you lighting up your lucite on the TT and amp stands with that colbalt blue light ? Very nice !

I'verified asked that question on another thread and still haven't gotten an answer, so I'll bump this one for both of us.:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing