W Audio AC Power Filter Conditioner w/Surge Protector

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
I installed the new unit today. Clearly the old one was inferior. For me this a head scratcher. I'll just hold comment until I get a premium usb for the XDuoo/HD800S combo.
Is the word I am looking for epiphany? I fully expected to return this unit informing them it was not ready for prime time.
I use several of these units in various areas of my two dedicated listening rooms. It's a surprisingly good and effective (both economically and sonically) way of connecting multiple equipment. I find no major downside to using this device. The overall effect it has in my systems are to provide a clean and quiet background. Wouldn't recommend plugging in high power, current power amps. Everything else ...no problem. I do recommend you ditch the supplied power cord and replace with a quality one.
Cheers...

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Good morning, Ron. First of all I am fan of Triplite. Second of all, I don't know. ;) I hope to find out. Looks pretty simple does it not. What it does for this recording is amazing. 1280x1280 (8).jpg

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I use several of these units in various areas of my two dedicated listening rooms. It's a surprisingly good and effective (both economically and sonically) way of connecting multiple equipment. I find no major downside to using this device. The overall effect it has in my systems are to provide a clean and quiet background. Wouldn't recommend plugging in high power, current power amps. Everything else ...no problem. I do recommend you ditch the supplied power cord and replace with a quality one.
Cheers...
What you said. But for me what it does for dynamics and soundstage that gets me. i already need a usb upgrade and now throw a power cord on the heap. It never ends does it?
i said this is an revelation for me. I make no claim it is an invention or innovation. It might be a knockoff for all I know.

Available on Amazon for thirty day return . No questions asked.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I[text omitted]I do recommend you ditch the supplied power cord and replace with a quality one.
Cheers...
Are you using replacement power cords on both ends of the unit? Coming into and going out?

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
Are you using replacement power cords on both ends of the unit? Coming into and going out?
Yes....Kimber Palladian...both directions.

Reactions: Long Live Analog

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I ordered two of these

Moonsaudio HiFi Audiophile Amplifier Power Cord, 125V/15A 10AWG Hi End Audio AC Power Cable Carbon Fibre Black Rhodium Plated US Plug IEC320 C13 Connector(2M / 6.6FT)​

61CoIVru9dL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
The power cords arrived today. They are premium quality.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
How can they make any money off this cable? This is a niche market for audiophile power cables. 5' for 49.90. I think the word "dumping" may apply here. This a true bargain.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
20230206_092543.jpg

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
The audiophile power cord is probably the most maligned of the highend cables. To me it not only is effective it remains the most effective for someone like me who lives in a major metropolitan area. I readily concede it is at least counterintuitive.

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Thanks Mr. Jazz. The power cords make it even better. Maybe one day I will spring for a Shunyata or some such.

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Since I installed this unit I find I rarely reach for the volume control. It is so dynamic when the music needs more power, it just goes and gets it. Really.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
R (1).jpg

Reactions: Alrainbow

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Since I installed this unit I find I rarely reach for the volume control. It is so dynamic when the music needs more power, it just goes and gets it. Really.

Really? :)

Reactions: paolo

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Both have a similar design in that they are a passive filter tuned to load high freq noise by a load / imp at targeted frequencies. the large one first pic is a smaller freq range where the iso bar looks to be a few freqs.
devices like this help front end
And I doubt would help a power amp. Any device that has a large gain preamp or phono pre is a good target for these.
a dac I guess too as they have multiple psu In most cases.
both devices may show benefits even on the outlet feeding the strip have you tried this to compare ?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
My first instinct was just to say yes. But I think i may have to give a more dettaled answer. This applies to cortical listening.
I find that most amplification devices have a sweet spot. For me there is an intersection between absolute loudness and dynamic contrast, When you lower the noise floor the level at which the device can play us raised. Thus, you can set it at a louder level. Music that has exceptional dynamics range can respond accordingly.
Perhaps you should try a couple. They are not expensive and can be returned in 30 days. As always ther are much more expensive options at the level of your systems.
I hope that explains it.

Reactions: paolo

dbeau

Apr 20, 2018
OKC,USA
I am seriously considering this one from Lampizator.
Any input/thoughts on it vs. others?

Attachments

• 1682189351220.png
    1682189351220.png
    902.4 KB · Views: 6

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I am seriously considering this one from Lampizator.
Any input/thoughts on it vs. others?
Lukasz talent is not limited to DAC design. I have no firsthand experience with it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing