Verity Audio went out of business

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I am saddened by this. They made very musical and forgiving speakers that continue to be enjoyed by a number of my friends.

luca.pelliccioli

Aug 20, 2022
Even though I was informed of the closure, I decided to buy a pair of Otellos in early January anyway. Why? Because after listening to them on trial at home for almost two months I was simply in love with them. And they are still bringing joy to my daily listens. It's really a shame. I hope someone can take up Verity’s legacy and continue the mission.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Very sad news....they made a long line of very musical, great speakers.

Klonk

Mar 4, 2012
Very sad news. I always liked Verity Audio loudspeakers. At several stages in my audio life I had the VA Parsifal, it always gave me lots of aural pleasure.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Very sad news. I always liked Verity Audio loudspeakers. At several stages in my audio life I had the VA Parsifal, it always gave me lots of aural pleasure.
Very sad news indeed. Perhaps one issue is the Parsifal never really was updated.

ErnieM

Jan 19, 2023
Very sad news indeed. Perhaps one issue is the Parsifal never really was updated.
Au contraire, the Parsifal was updated several times, last as a 25th Anniv Edition. With Julien's tutelage last year I brought my Encores near that level by substituting the original 3/4" granite isolator with a 1" aluminum slab, replaced the old feet with 1/5" butcherblock (his idea), with IsoAcoustics Iso puck 76 stabilizers and 1/4" sorbo slabs between all upper surfaces. Raising the Parsifal up to 42.5" improved sit-down/stand-up transition, as well smoothing the room sound further. The icing was replacing the old copper jumpers with my ArgentPur solid silver ones.
Further, the magic of many of Verity's iterations was the use of the Art Audio midrange driver, who smoothness outside of "normal" passband is uncanny. When crossed to a good tweeter at 5.5kHz, let's say, the coherence...even in the very nearfield...is nearly incomparable.
For my placement well away from a front wall (flanking my Steinway B) I found it completely necessary to flip the woofer frontwards to mate perfectly. The fact that some VA speakers couldn't have their woofers front-firing perhaps limited their usefulness. When I spoke with Julien in 2022 he said that they were concentrating more on the EU (where they did well) than on North America. Hmmm....
I can imagine larger modern speakers whose overall performance is "bigger" and perhaps more macrodynamic (with less SAF!), like the new Stenheims et al, but the performance of my "old" Parsifals in my system was very clearly better than almost all the rooms I visited at AXPONA last week. Mes meilleur amities, Julien!

Reactions: Klonk

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing