VAD DAC 10 DSD. Anybody heard this DAC?

MLGrado

Mar 19, 2014
From the website

The DSD (Direct Stream Digital) module in the DAC-10 DSD replaces the AES-EBU socket of the standard DAC-10 with an additional USB socket dedicated to DSD playback. To gain the purest DSD stream possible, we have designed a system that removes any DSD noise-shaping high frequency carrier present in the signal and `pink noise` above 30kHz. All DSD data is passed through 1 bit ‘driver gates’ and then applied to a high precision, double differential FIR (Finite Impulse Response) filter before an additional passive analogue filter. The retrieved pure audio signal is then amplified by the valve analogue output stage. To keep this delicate circuitry separate from any interference, VAD’s DSD playback module is free of digital processing and completely separate from the PCM circuitry.

So it is about as basic a DSD 'DAC' as you can get. A bit switch ( "driver gates") to a FIR filter.

Pretty much exactly like chip based DSD from Burr Brown. (See DSD1700, DSD1793, etc, etc) Used in DSD Dacs from Teac, iFi, Luxman to name a few. Throw Signalyst DIY DAC into the bunch, too. Not Burr Brown, but pretty similar implementation.

I would be concerned about that filter cut frequency. 30 khz? That is really low, meaning a more complex filter design, meaning worsened impulse response, possible ringing??

All speculation. Listening will be the ultimate test. But on paper, sounds like a good one. Real DSD with as simple a conversion as you can get. Just worried about that filter....

VAD

Jun 26, 2014
Hi MLGrado
My name is Gregor from VAD
I am not a person who frequents forums usually but
I am happy to `drop in` from time to time to respond to interesting questions.
However, I cannot divulge on particular details of circuits made for VAD.
Regarding the analogue filter response for VAD DSD direct playback platform:
In the latest set of filters for DSD64 and DSD128 (available from now) I decided to open the old 12dB per octave filter roll off working from 30kHz `knee` up
and extend the DSD playback analogue frequency response to 120kHz now.
So analogue frequency response for VAD DSD platform (in the most current DAC) is: 10Hz - 120kHz,(passband; -0.1dB at 10Hz, -0.1 at 20kHz, -3dB at 120kHz)
Reason is that when I was going further into direct DSD64/DSD128 playback for VAD I realised that the platform is so stable and quiet that there is no need for `fearful` limiting its frequency response anymore.
The info on VAD website will be updated accordingly.
Gregor

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
Hi MLGrado
In the latest set of filters for DSD64 and DSD128 (available from now) I decided to open the old 12dB per octave filter roll off working from 30kHz `knee` up
So analogue frequency response for VAD DSD platform (in the most current DAC) is: 10Hz - 120kHz,(passband; -0.1dB at 10Hz, -0.1 at 20kHz, -3dB at 120kHz)
Reason is that when I was going further into direct DSD64/DSD128 playback for VAD I realised that the platform is so stable and quiet that there is no need for `fearful` limiting its frequency response anymore.
Gregor

Thanks for dropping by! I'd encourage you to update the web site to indicate that the unit handles 2 Channel Stereo DSD64 and DSD128 files. That will be very important information for some music fans in the market for a
DSD capable DAC.

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
Listening will be the ultimate test. But on paper, sounds like a good one. Real DSD with as simple a conversion as you can get.

Listening is always the key. The feature set is interesting as you say. And the build quality of the DAC looks very good from the photos and description on the VAD web site.

Manco

Jun 27, 2014
As an owner of the VAD DAC-10 I wanted to `review` and spread the word about this DAC. I am purely a music lover and audiophile willing to share my thoughts and experiences about a product which I believe other like minded people or potentially interested buyers maybe interested to read about.

VAD DAC-10 is unlike any other digital playback system I have heard before.
I have owned high end CD players and DACs in the past from other manufacturers such as, Krell, Esoteric, Audio Research, Musical Fidelity…If I was to briefly sum up what DAC-10 has done to my system, I would say that it has brought the passion of music into my listening room. To me it does not sound like digital music playback as I have previously experienced. The sound is always incredibly involving, harmonically and tonally beautiful, with the ability to project sound more freely away from the speakers outwards into the room, This is something that none of my previous players or Transport DAC combinations have ever been able to pull off so convincingly. The timing and tune playing ability is first class, complex musical passages are extremely well separated and it is easy to pick out and follow any aspect of a recording and highlight the shape and tonality of the instruments playing. Information retrieval is outstanding and there is always a great feeling of involvement and richness to the sound that is truly captivating. Dynamics and punch have surpassed what I heard previously with my Krell KPS20 Delta 9, which I always thought was this player trump card, The quality, tonality, and harmonic reconstruction of the bottom end in DAC 10 is always better than what I heard through any of my previous converters.

To be honest I find the 44.1kHz playback to be so good that I could live with DAC-10 if it only supported this format, but the fact that support also high resolution PCM and include DSD is brilliant. My personal experience from most high resolution recordings played through DAC-10 to me sounds more like very high level analog playback. But just because there is a high resolution recording playing does not always guarantee the best possible sound quality, I have found that a well produced 44.1kHz CD will still convincingly beat some high resolution recordings.

VAD states that the digital interconnect cable choice is not as important as with other digital components, this is most likely to do with DAC-10 attention to detail to overcome the sometimes poor trace output of many CD transports. But saying this I have still found that using a high quality digital interconnect cable does give very positive benefits. I use the Harmonic Technology Photon digital with Inex power supply. This is connected to Denon DVDA1XV modified to be a transport only. Together with DAC-10 this combination has easily produced the best sound quality I have ever experienced at home and plays at a level beyond any of my previous CD-SACD players or transport and DAC combinations that I have owned over the past 20 years.

Over time I have assembled what I consider to be a very good all valve based Hi-Fi system, music is now connecting with me on an emotional level, I always feel involved in the music, I get the goosebumps regularly, something very special is being produced inside my listening room now and I never want to lose it, I think this is something that all audiophiles and music lovers search for, I know for sure that DAC-10 is greatly responsible for this, after-all the sound can only be as good as the source component, and when I first connected DAC-10 into my system I could tell within the first few minutes of listening that it was a system changer and a total revolution compared to my previous digital playback systems.

44.1kHz playback through DAC-10 has also set a new benchmark for me and has made me re-think about what I previously thought possible from the red-book CD format, I am experiencing a musical event that lives and breathes in between and beyond the boundary's of my speakers. It is easy to become captivated and feel the passion as my favourite music is playing, I feel energized and lifted from the experience.
It is safe to say that I am addicted and I feel proud that I have achieved these results with my system. I am also very lucky that I have a lot of spare time available and on most days spend 4 to 12 hours a day/night listening to music. I have owned many different equipment components over the years and spent more money than I would care to admit, but often felt disappointed that I have not achieved what I hoped I would do in my mind. Don't get me wrong it is all good fun and I love this hobby, but I am so happy after many years of ups and downs to own a system that plays at this level, I have learned many lessons along the way. It is also a good feeling when friends or audiophile friends come round to the house and are really impressed and sometimes blown away by the level of sound quality they experienced, it makes you feel really good inside.

Aesthetically I find the quality of this DAC to be excellent; also the level of customer care and service that I have received from VAD is second to none. I feel privileged to own this piece and am convinced that many other high end DAC's that are available would look very overpriced in comparison to this. DAC-10 has certainly not been a cheap purchase for me, I had to save up for a while to be able to afford to buy this, but music and the quality of sound reproduction are extremely important to me. I felt that DAC-10 was able to fulfill and surpass my expectations, I also feel like I am receiving excellent value for money. My previous transport and DAC was more expensive than DAC-10, but the performance was not in the same league.
I have also found that DAC-10 does not favor any particular genres of music but is a superb all rounder, In my opinion used with a high quality transport or as part of a high end PC based music system DAC-10 will be the last digital device that you ever need to enjoy your music collection.

I received an email from Gregor the designer of DAC-10 a few months ago advising that there had been some changes made to the design that improved the final sound of DAC-10, I was invited to have my unit upgraded and was also informed that if I was not totally satisfied with the improvements that I could return the DAC and it would be converted back to the previous state and a full refund would be given no questions asked. I am happy to report that indeed these upgrades were beneficial and further improved my listening enjoyment. I also take comfort in the knowledge that my DAC will always be capable of being upgraded in the future should any new developments become available.

I am pleased that I came across this forum post while searching the Internet, and I hope that more owners of this DAC will come forward and post there experiences here because I believe that it deserves more Hi-Fi press and attention. I also enjoy following the AV show reports website and reviews on You Tube that the brilliant Peter Breuninger hosts. If he were to do an in depth review of this DAC what would he have to say about it ?. I can just imagine him lifting the latches on the tailored flight case that DAC-10 is supplied in while wearing the white cleaning gloves that he often wears while handling exotic audio equipment for his reviews, carefully lifting the DAC out, commenting on the weight and superb fit and finish of the unit and then using his hand to further illustrate the sleek design [That would really make my day]

I would be happy to answer any queries and also provide my system details for interested people.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi I have heard the VAD, at home in my system. At that time Gpoint Audio had brought this along with the Lampi 5, and I had no idea of the price of both, so it was a good blind test. He put both in, I used to own an AR Dac 8 at the time. The VAD was very good, but not enough for me to upgrade, while the Lampi had the magic and I converted instantly. 7 months later still happy about the decision.

However the one I heard was Generation 8, and now there is 12 out at a similar price, I think, which is supposed to sound much different. I would strongly recommend an audition because Gpoints choices are pretty musical. Also the VAD looks beautiful

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
As an owner of the VAD DAC-10 I wanted to `review` and spread the word about this DAC. I am purely a music lover and audiophile willing to share my thoughts and experiences about a product which I believe other like minded people or potentially interested buyers maybe interested to read about.

VAD DAC-10 is unlike any other digital playback system I have heard before.
I have owned high end CD players and DACs in the past from other manufacturers such as, Krell, Esoteric, Audio Research, Musical Fidelity…If I was to briefly sum up what DAC-10 has done to my system, I would say that it has brought the passion of music into my listening room. To me it does not sound like digital music playback as I have previously experienced. The sound is always incredibly involving, harmonically and tonally beautiful, with the ability to project sound more freely away from the speakers outwards into the room, This is something that none of my previous players or Transport DAC combinations have ever been able to pull off so convincingly. The timing and tune playing ability is first class, complex musical passages are extremely well separated and it is easy to pick out and follow any aspect of a recording and highlight the shape and tonality of the instruments playing. Information retrieval is outstanding and there is always a great feeling of involvement and richness to the sound that is truly captivating. Dynamics and punch have surpassed what I heard previously with my Krell KPS20 Delta 9, which I always thought was this player trump card, The quality, tonality, and harmonic reconstruction of the bottom end in DAC 10 is always better than what I heard through any of my previous converters.

To be honest I find the 44.1kHz playback to be so good that I could live with DAC-10 if it only supported this format, but the fact that support also high resolution PCM and include DSD is brilliant. My personal experience from most high resolution recordings played through DAC-10 to me sounds more like very high level analog playback. But just because there is a high resolution recording playing does not always guarantee the best possible sound quality, I have found that a well produced 44.1kHz CD will still convincingly beat some high resolution recordings.

VAD states that the digital interconnect cable choice is not as important as with other digital components, this is most likely to do with DAC-10 attention to detail to overcome the sometimes poor trace output of many CD transports. But saying this I have still found that using a high quality digital interconnect cable does give very positive benefits. I use the Harmonic Technology Photon digital with Inex power supply. This is connected to Denon DVDA1XV modified to be a transport only. Together with DAC-10 this combination has easily produced the best sound quality I have ever experienced at home and plays at a level beyond any of my previous CD-SACD players or transport and DAC combinations that I have owned over the past 20 years.

Over time I have assembled what I consider to be a very good all valve based Hi-Fi system, music is now connecting with me on an emotional level, I always feel involved in the music, I get the goosebumps regularly, something very special is being produced inside my listening room now and I never want to lose it, I think this is something that all audiophiles and music lovers search for, I know for sure that DAC-10 is greatly responsible for this, after-all the sound can only be as good as the source component, and when I first connected DAC-10 into my system I could tell within the first few minutes of listening that it was a system changer and a total revolution compared to my previous digital playback systems.

44.1kHz playback through DAC-10 has also set a new benchmark for me and has made me re-think about what I previously thought possible from the red-book CD format, I am experiencing a musical event that lives and breathes in between and beyond the boundary's of my speakers. It is easy to become captivated and feel the passion as my favourite music is playing, I feel energized and lifted from the experience.
It is safe to say that I am addicted and I feel proud that I have achieved these results with my system. I am also very lucky that I have a lot of spare time available and on most days spend 4 to 12 hours a day/night listening to music. I have owned many different equipment components over the years and spent more money than I would care to admit, but often felt disappointed that I have not achieved what I hoped I would do in my mind. Don't get me wrong it is all good fun and I love this hobby, but I am so happy after many years of ups and downs to own a system that plays at this level, I have learned many lessons along the way. It is also a good feeling when friends or audiophile friends come round to the house and are really impressed and sometimes blown away by the level of sound quality they experienced, it makes you feel really good inside.

Aesthetically I find the quality of this DAC to be excellent; also the level of customer care and service that I have received from VAD is second to none. I feel privileged to own this piece and am convinced that many other high end DAC's that are available would look very overpriced in comparison to this. DAC-10 has certainly not been a cheap purchase for me, I had to save up for a while to be able to afford to buy this, but music and the quality of sound reproduction are extremely important to me. I felt that DAC-10 was able to fulfill and surpass my expectations, I also feel like I am receiving excellent value for money. My previous transport and DAC was more expensive than DAC-10, but the performance was not in the same league.
I have also found that DAC-10 does not favor any particular genres of music but is a superb all rounder, In my opinion used with a high quality transport or as part of a high end PC based music system DAC-10 will be the last digital device that you ever need to enjoy your music collection.

I received an email from Gregor the designer of DAC-10 a few months ago advising that there had been some changes made to the design that improved the final sound of DAC-10, I was invited to have my unit upgraded and was also informed that if I was not totally satisfied with the improvements that I could return the DAC and it would be converted back to the previous state and a full refund would be given no questions asked. I am happy to report that indeed these upgrades were beneficial and further improved my listening enjoyment. I also take comfort in the knowledge that my DAC will always be capable of being upgraded in the future should any new developments become available.

I am pleased that I came across this forum post while searching the Internet, and I hope that more owners of this DAC will come forward and post there experiences here because I believe that it deserves more Hi-Fi press and attention. I also enjoy following the AV show reports website and reviews on You Tube that the brilliant Peter Breuninger hosts. If he were to do an in depth review of this DAC what would he have to say about it ?. I can just imagine him lifting the latches on the tailored flight case that DAC-10 is supplied in while wearing the white cleaning gloves that he often wears while handling exotic audio equipment for his reviews, carefully lifting the DAC out, commenting on the weight and superb fit and finish of the unit and then using his hand to further illustrate the sleek design [That would really make my day]

I would be happy to answer any queries and also provide my system details for interested people.

Welcome and thanks for your review!

Could you share the rest of your system as well the secret how you listen 12 hours/day? How often do you change your tubes? :)

MLGrado

Mar 19, 2014
Hi MLGrado
Gregor

COOL! That is excellent! I am VERY interested in this DAC. When it comes to DSD, its implementation is the 'real deal'.

Manco

Jun 27, 2014
Dear Mr Astor

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment in response to my mini review and opinions about the VAD DAC-10

Below is a brief description of my system

Transport: Denon DVDA1XV Modified as transport only, also fitted with Valve digital output

DAC: Valve Audio Devices DAC-10

Pre Amplifier: Silvaweld Aphrodite

Power Amplifiers: Sakuma 845 SET

Speakers: Linn Isobarik

Subwoofer: Rel Stentor 3

Supertweeters: Townshend Audio

Mains regenerator: Power Inspired

Cables: Harmonic Technology

Equipment Supports: Mainly Custom Made

As to how I listen to music for 12 hours a day, there is really no secret, I work part time now, two or three days per week. I turn on the system around 10am and with a few breaks in-between continue to listen on many occasions until the small hours of the morning.

I consider myself to have a really nice life balance at the moment, I do not earn as much as I used to do but I feel happy, and I am still able to enjoy the things in life that are important to me, like music and fine audio equipment.

I will replace my valves once every year on average, I have a good stock of new replacements all ready to go when required.

I actually leave my transport and DAC permanently powered up, as the system is used almost every day I find it worth while sonically to do this, plus it is not expensive to replace the valves, so the benefits outweigh the cost for me.

I really enjoy viewing the AVShowrooms website and I always look forward to new videos been posted on the You Tube channel.

I owned the Silvaweld SWC1000R pre amplifier for about five years, Positive-Feedback did a review on this a few year back, I remember Aphrodite been mentioned in the review and also how rare they were to find available for sale. I am delighted that I managed to find one recently it has exceeded my expectations aesthetically and sonically.

Kind Regards
Steve

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Dear Mr Astor

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment in response to my mini review and opinions about the VAD DAC-10

Below is a brief description of my system

Transport: Denon DVDA1XV Modified as transport only, also fitted with Valve digital output

DAC: Valve Audio Devices DAC-10

Pre Amplifier: Silvaweld Aphrodite

Power Amplifiers: Sakuma 845 SET

Speakers: Linn Isobarik

Subwoofer: Rel Stentor 3

Supertweeters: Townshend Audio

Mains regenerator: Power Inspired

Cables: Harmonic Technology

Equipment Supports: Mainly Custom Made

As to how I listen to music for 12 hours a day, there is really no secret, I work part time now, two or three days per week. I turn on the system around 10am and with a few breaks in-between continue to listen on many occasions until the small hours of the morning.

I consider myself to have a really nice life balance at the moment, I do not earn as much as I used to do but I feel happy, and I am still able to enjoy the things in life that are important to me, like music and fine audio equipment.

I will replace my valves once every year on average, I have a good stock of new replacements all ready to go when required.

I actually leave my transport and DAC permanently powered up, as the system is used almost every day I find it worth while sonically to do this, plus it is not expensive to replace the valves, so the benefits outweigh the cost for me.

I really enjoy viewing the AVShowrooms website and I always look forward to new videos been posted on the You Tube channel.

I owned the Silvaweld SWC1000R pre amplifier for about five years, Positive-Feedback did a review on this a few year back, I remember Aphrodite been mentioned in the review and also how rare they were to find available for sale. I am delighted that I managed to find one recently it has exceeded my expectations aesthetically and sonically.

Kind Regards
Steve

Thanks Steve!

bmichels

Nov 30, 2012
Hi
new VAD DAC-12 DSD is `out there` : http://valveaudiodevices.co.uk/products/vad-dac-12-dsd/ View attachment 17918
Please have a look
I am happy to answer product questions and welcome suggestions regarding webpage.
All the best to everybody. Gregor

Very exciting DAC. I love the NO COMPROMISE concept of 2 differents DAC inside : one for PCM and one for DSD. And WHAT A BEAUTY ! :p

My main question: will it offer a good synergy with my Eddie Current 445 Tube headphone AMP ! Before discovering this VAD DAC, I was considering two R2R DAC for my EC445: Total DAC D1 & MSB Analog DAC !

any one tested this DAC with a 445 tube based Amp ?

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
Very exciting DAC. I love the NO COMPROMISE concept of 2 differents DAC inside : one for PCM and one for DSD. And WHAT A BEAUTY ! :p

My main question: will it offer a good synergy with my Eddie Current 445 Tube headphone AMP ! Before discovering this VAD DAC, I was considering two R2R DAC for my EC445: Total DAC D1 & MSB Analog DAC !

It does look cool. Separate inputs for DSD and PCM. Hmm, will that catch on as a feature vs. one input for both?

VAD

Jun 26, 2014
It does look cool. Separate inputs for DSD and PCM. Hmm, will that catch on as a feature vs. one input for both?

Hi Brian,
Re separation of USB`s
It may not catch that much;) as one have to actually physically switch between formats - PCM or DSD on the DAC (or using remote).
USB interface output could be switched between platforms, but the temptation of making it truly separate was too strong in my case.
Maybe in the future in a different product.
Another view - for DSD fans only:
Most of listeners who actually got `hooked up` on DSD - play also PCM in DSD format via `on the fly` conversion (or `hard` convert their PCM to DSD)
If that`s the case, DSD only machine may be all what they need.
The worldwide feedback about the sound for this method, generally speaking is very good.
However, I personally love also the sound of CD`s (advert warning! from D-12, sorry)
Please refrain from immediate `ridiculing` the `love for CD`;)
Gregor

Last edited:

VAD

Jun 26, 2014

Hi,
Thank you
Although not the direct answer from Eddie Current owner it may be of some use:
I spent years (seriously) making what now became the DAC-12 DSD.
Also to effectively match (electrical and in subjective sound terms) with majority of valve/tube and solid state inputs
( be it an amplifier, pre or head amp) - not only in measurements, but a real live listening being the deciding factor.
Although I didn`t test it with Eddie Current 445 head-amp -
I have no reason at all to believe that it would be any disappointment.
I believe quite the opposite

A handful of VAD owners matched the earlier model of VAD DAC achieving phenomenal results with:
Sakuma 845 amplifiers (these are hard to `match` due to a 600ohm low impedance transformer input)
Wavac 300B amp

the DAC output was also tested in real live with preamplifiers such as: Wavac PR-T1, Audion Quattro, Kondo M7, Silvaweld SWC1000, Silvaweld Aphrodite,
the results are great - the owners of the listed above - have now also the VAD DAC in their systems
It makes me really happy.

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
Hi Brian,
Re separation of USB`s

It may not catch that much;) as one have to actually physically switch between formats - PCM or DSD on the DAC (or using remote).
USB interface output could be switched between platforms, but the temptation of making it truly separate was too strong in my case.
Maybe in the future in a different product.

Another view - for DSD fans only:
Most of listeners who actually got `hooked up` on DSD - play also PCM in DSD format via `on the fly` conversion (or `hard` convert their PCM to DSD)
If that`s the case, DSD only machine may be all what they need.
The worldwide feedback about the sound for this method, generally speaking is very good.

However, I personally love also the sound of CD`s (advert warning! from D-12, sorry)
Please refrain from immediate `ridiculing` the `love for CD`;)

Gregor

Having separate USB inputs - as well as separate PCM and DSD processing - is an interesting approach.
Some DAC makers have separate processing sections. But including separate USB inputs as well is different - but a feature some music fans have requested.
Time will tell whether that is a big feature on your new DSD-12 model.

I also think we will see more DACs offering PCM to DSD upsampling in hardware, much as Sony has done with their HAP-Z1ES Digital Music Server and the EMM Labs folks have done with most of their DACs.
Then the power of the connected PC and the software player it uses don't need as much horsepower. :)

I see you are offering both the combo PCM + DSD DAC-12 and then a DSD only model (DSD Player) at a much lower price.
Nice to have choices like that in the market. If you need PCM & DSD you buy one model.
And if DSD is the need or preference, a streamlined model at a significant savings is also an option.

Great to see the innovations continuing in the DAC world.

VAD

Jun 26, 2014
Having separate USB inputs - as well as separate PCM and DSD processing - is an interesting approach.
Some DAC makers have separate processing sections. But including separate USB inputs as well is different - but a feature some music fans have requested.
Time will tell whether that is a big feature on your new DSD-12 model.

I also think we will see more DACs offering PCM to DSD upsampling in hardware, much as Sony has done with their HAP-Z1ES Digital Music Server and the EMM Labs folks have done with most of their DACs.
Then the power of the connected PC and the software player it uses don't need as much horsepower. :)

I see you are offering both the combo PCM + DSD DAC-12 and then a DSD only model (DSD Player) at a much lower price.
Nice to have choices like that in the market. If you need PCM & DSD you buy one model.
And if DSD is the need or preference, a streamlined model at a significant savings is also an option.

Great to see the innovations continuing in the DAC world.

Hi,
Thank you
Re: hardware `ready` upsampling
I personally (subjective opinion) think that a fast and well configured computer for audio have a huge advantage over programmable DSP`s in hardware upsampling DAC`s.
I believe that the listener should have a `last word` in source format being changed or not.
Most audiophile would say that decimating DSD to a high resolution PCM is a big `no no`
Why by definition do the opposite? (i.e. convert PCM to DSD inside DAC)
`Let the people decide` what`s good for them:)
All the best
Gregor

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing