Vacuum Record Cleaning

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I am a inventor of Klaudio RCM which is ultrasonic strong LP cleaner.
I don't think the remained water is not affect any damage record, if it's just water.
I had been cleaned record and inspect so many times during the develop of RCM.
However, I have more concerning the minor alcohol mixture soup can be affect to damage in long time period.

Nice to see you here, Peter. You make a well constructed machine with a variety of options. Record cleaning machines extend the viability of the vinyl medium.

My suggestion is don't use alcohol. But some surfactant produces better results than water alone. Consider Tergitol 15-S-9.

Barry

Member Sponsor
Jan 7, 2012
Somewhere near Philadelphia, USA
tima: I just wanted to thank you again for all the countless hours of research and experimentation work you've done, and shared, on cleaning records. This information has been a wonderful gift to me and to anyone who cares about great sound, and preserving their record collection!

Reactions: tima

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
tima: I just wanted to thank you again for all the countless hours of research and experimentation work you've done, and shared, on cleaning records. This information has been a wonderful gift to me and to anyone who cares about great sound, and preserving their record collection!

Thank you Barry -- much appreciated!

oldvinyl

Jun 3, 2017
Specific Northwest - Seattle area
I don't think the remained water is not affect any damage record, if it's just water.
However, I have more concerning the minor alcohol mixture soup can be affect to damage in long time period.
I have had my KL RCM for about 5 years. I really appreciate the ease of operation. I keep it in a spare bathroom near the listening room. I can close the door and let a record get cleaned while I listen to music. So far, I think I have cleaned over a thousand records with it. It is built like a tank. Very reliable operation.

As noted above - there is absolutely no static on the records after cleaning.

Once they are thoroughly cleaned, a faster wash cycle can be used to remove lint.

Reactions: Bso and AudioHR

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Welcome to WBF, Peter!

I am enjoying very much my KL Audio record cleaning machine!

AudioHR

VIP/Donor
Feb 11, 2023
High River, Alberta Canada
Yes I have wondered about the use of alcohol. An insightful comment from someone who should know.

Klaudio/Peter

Apr 13, 2023
I feel so appreciate for many happy feedback from world wide users.
After that, I also made a Pivoted tangential tonearm which will be very closely ideal tonearm.
I like to introduce that soon to WBF with copy from my recent article.

Reactions: RickS

Klaudio/Peter

Apr 13, 2023
Nice to see you here, Peter. You make a well constructed machine with a variety of options. Record cleaning machines extend the viability of the vinyl medium.

My suggestion is don't use alcohol. But some surfactant produces better results than water alone. Consider Tergitol 15-S-9.
Hi Tima,
I was so impressed with your forum for ultrasonic DIY cleaner. It looks very good concept of the sample.

Reactions: tima

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing