VAC INTRODUCES STATEMENT 452 MUSICBLOC POWER AMPLIFIER AT CAF 2019

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
VAC-article4.jpg

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

VAC INTRODUCES STATEMENT 452 MUSICBLOC POWER AMPLIFIER AT CAF 2019

Sarasota, FL - October 30, 2019 - VAC / Valve Amplification Company will introduce the finest amplifier in its twenty-nine year history at the 2019 Capital Audio Fest in Rockville, MD, November 1-3, 2019, in the Potomac Room of the Hilton Rockville.

Compared to the older award-winning Statement 450, the new Statement 452 has greater headroom for unfettered musical impact. VAC Founder/Designer Kevin Hayes stated, “You hear much more deeply into the recording space, catch delicate nuances in a singer's phrasing you've not heard before; the music explodes with more detail and energy. In short, the Statement 452 presents an absolute breakthrough in realism.”

The Statement 452's unconventional vertical architecture and lateral tube mounting play a large part in achieving this new sonic freedom, making possible extremely short, direct handwired signal, power, and ground runs. The circuitry exploits VAC's high speed parallel design principle, with smaller parts that are willing to ‘jump' electrically and magnetically with the music. There are a total of nine VAC design transformers in the Statement 452, in aggregate weighing 120 pounds, for perfect coupling combined with lightning fast speed.

The Statement 452 circuitry is fully balanced, with provision for single-ended inputs. VAC's Musicbloc™ design allows the amplifier to be switched between 450 watt single-channel mono operation and 225 watt/channel dual mono amplifier, without compromise in either mode.

For reliability and optimal sound, the Statement 452 is equipped with VAC's patented iQ Continuous Automatic Bias System.

Hayes advises, “If you love music, you owe it to yourself to hear what is possible with the VAC Statement 452. There is much more music in your recordings than you know!”

The Statement 452 iQ goes on sale on November 1. MSRP has been established at $75,000.

VAC is an internationally known manufacturer of the high-end audio components, with offices and manufacturing facilities in Sarasota, Florida USA.

Kevin Hayes
kevin@vac-amps.com
Tel. 941-952-9695

Attachments

• VAC-article5.jpg
    VAC-article5.jpg
    777.5 KB · Views: 33
  • VAC-article3.jpg
    VAC-article3.jpg
    858.2 KB · Views: 31
  • VAC-article2.jpg
    VAC-article2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • VAC-article1.jpg
    VAC-article1.jpg
    847.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:

Steve Williams

Quote on the VAC facebook page:

“The soundstage went from heaven above and around the globe. It was clean and detailed. It was fast and beautifully toned. I used to sell million-dollar stereos, and despite what the trolls think, in luxury audio you really do get what you pay for. This system played big, beautiful, and dramatic.” - Herb Reichert, Stereophile 11/03/2019 on the CAF system that introduced the new VAC Statement 452 iQ Musicblocs

Attachments

• VAC-article5.jpg
    VAC-article5.jpg
    777.5 KB · Views: 17
  • VAC-article3.jpg
    VAC-article3.jpg
    858.2 KB · Views: 15
  • VAC-article2.jpg
    VAC-article2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • VAC-article1.jpg
    VAC-article1.jpg
    847.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:

Steve Williams

“The soundstage went from heaven above and around the globe. It was clean and detailed. It was fast and beautifully toned. I used to sell million-dollar stereos, and despite what the trolls think, in luxury audio you really do get what you pay for. This system played big, beautiful, and dramatic.” - Herb Reichert, Stereophile 11/03/2019 on the CAF system that introduced the new VAC Statement 452 iQ Musicblocs

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
I was there, Steve. I can say that the VSA/VAC room was about as good as I’ve ever heard, and not just on the Ultra 11. On Sunday morning Leif took all 4 of those monsters and ran them into the new Endeavor SEs. It was glorious.

I asked Leif why he didn’t use just 2. His answer? He didn’t want the other two to be lonely. :) Classic.

Reactions: infinitely baffled

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
I have always enjoyed the styling of VAC's offerings, and this latest tranche doesn't disappoint
Getting to hear them on this side of the pond might be a bit of a challenge though.
I wonder how their pre amps would get along with my Boulder power amp....

Grady98

Apr 27, 2018
East Coast
They sounded glorious at CAF, much better than last year. Even though the room was was too big (atrium ballroom) the system presented a good taste of what they could do in a proper room.

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
Beautiful amps, and cat resistant too. ;)

What can I say, I might be one of those trolls, gotta make some kind of comment.

If I had the money, these would be a consideration as I believe at the upper price points that not only must it perform beautifully it must look beautiful too.

Reactions: infinitely baffled

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland

Are you listening vtl?

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com

Are you listening vtl?
Not sure who is is aimed at.

I have not heard VTL or VAC.

Other amps I've read about and finally got a chance to hear were often disappointing, but not always.

Hit or miss, and still a learning experience.

EDIT: both my GTA SE-100's are out of service. Stereo still not hooked after moving a few months ago. Have an old solid state 120A Dynaco that I was using, I am careful no to push it.

Last edited:

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Not sure who is is aimed at.

I have not heard VTL or VAC.

Other amps I've read about and finally got a chance to hear were often disappointing, but not always.

Hit or miss, and still a learning experience.

EDIT: both my GTA SE-100's are out of service. Stereo still not hooked after moving a few months ago. Have an old solid state 120A Dynaco that I was using, I am careful no to push it.
VTL have a good reputation for sound quality. However styling....not so much.
They were on my shortlist for a pre amp, but there's just no way i could spend that amount of money on something looking like an 80's vcr

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
That is funny, did an image search and some of them are sad, but some VTL preamps are very cool looking too.

Some of the stuff from China looks good, but as be both know looks are not everything.

VAC has some flair but is not too flashy.

Some of my favorite works are those of highly skilled DIY'ers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing