Feb 12, 2014
Hello, Does anybody knows something about this unit?:

SCHIIT WYRD USB DECRAPIFIER.

Thank you,

Henry.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
They sure milk their name for maximum mileage.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I don't have much trust in the company's product after seeing extremely poor measured performance of one of their DACs which any measurement would have shown the issue. I would ask them for measurements if you are going to go ahead anyway. Or, you can buy it, send it to me, and I will measure and return it to you in the 30 time return period :).

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
They sure milk their name for maximum mileage.

I think the name is hilarious, but I don't think they will be getting my money any time soon.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Straight from the horse's...ahem...mouth:

Improves Sound, Color Printing, Data Stability- Just kidding. This is silly. That's like saying charging your iPhone off Wyrd makes the battery last longer. But some listeners say Wyrd improves the sound of their system. We're not going to make any such claims. Nor are we going to recommend it for printers, external USB drives, or iPhone chargers. Works With Any USB DAC- Wyrd isn't limited to working with Schiit products. You can use it with any USB DAC-2.0, 1.0, 32/384, whatever-it doesn't care. All it's doing is cleaning up the USB connection, and it supports all USB Audio Standards.

They start off by making fun of what they're implying here, make no performance claims at all, offered no data whatsoever, and asked 100 bucks for functionality you can buy all day for <$20. All they offer to recommend themselves is an audiophile brand, a decent-looking box, and "some listeners say Wyrd improves the sound of their system."

One of the most bare-faced appeals to audiophile nervosa I've ever seen. But why wouldn't they? They released a DAC with horrible jitter figures and it got some decent press over on CA.They found a perfect niche market: People trusting their ears that can't tell the difference between distortion and detail.

Tim

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Straight from the horse's...ahem...mouth:

. . . .They found a perfect niche market: People trusting their ears that can't tell the difference between distortion and detail.

Tim

That is a great line!

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
In our hobby, that's.......well, *fill in the blank.*

Oh, my manners. Welcome to the WBF forum Bushikai and glad to hear from you Tim.

Tom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing