Upgrade from the old Nautilus

2013crossxx

Sep 26, 2022
Has anyone tried to up grade from the old Nautilus Titanium tweeter to the new Diamond tweeter? Should you also replace Xover?

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Has anyone tried to up grade from the old Nautilus Titanium tweeter to the new Diamond tweeter? Should you also replace Xover?
I think you should contact the Bowers&Wilkins dealer with that question. Sometimes there is a way to have an upgrade like that, but not always. Hard to predict.

Pacha

VIP/Donor
Apr 23, 2014
I think you should contact the Bowers&Wilkins dealer with that question. Sometimes there is a way to have an upgrade like that, but not always. Hard to predict.
I know someone who replaced the diamond tweeters in a set of 802D with a re-coned version not using the diamond cones. I think they were aluminum. It was done for money reasons and I think they were less fragile. I did not like the results but, for him, $300 instead of $1300 each was the deciding factor.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I know someone who replaced the diamond tweeters in a set of 802D with a re-coned version not using the diamond cones. I think they were aluminum. It was done for money reasons and I think they were less fragile. I did not like the results but, for him, $300 instead of $1300 each was the deciding factor.
The fact that did not like the result might be due to the mismatch between the original and new tweeter. Without a correction of crossover the result might be unsatisfactory.

Reactions: Pacha

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020
Hey members, I want to warn you that I believe the original OP 2013crosxx is a scammer. This posts text is identical to a post made in 2020.

B&W N804 Diamond up grade

I got a message from him a couple of days ago telling me that he knew someone that was selling the exact combo of stuff I have posted as a WTB in the classifieds sections he gave me an email to contact. I looked him up and found he was new that day and made 3 posts, this was one of them.

I became suspicious because the combo of products I listed in my post would be very unusual for someone to actually have on hand to sell, it would most likely be a special order.

Its obvious he was using the Wanted to Buy posts to find victims for his grift.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing