Tube amps with TAD CR-1's ? Recommendations ?

worldtime

Apr 14, 2021
What other amps did you try ?
Boulder 2160/ gryphon mephisto,
What other amps did you try ?
Boulder 2160, gryphon Mephisto, diablo 300, dan d agustino progression mono, Ypsilon integrated, solution 5 series, airtight 300r...
Please note I am not saying MC1502 is better than all above, it's just MC1502/CE 1 combo won my heart more than other combos I listened in the past year. All the amps above are great and definitely deserve auditions.

PGA

Dec 29, 2013
Best sound I got on my R1s so far, including Spectral DMA360, Pass 600.5, MSB, and Constellation Centaur mono is with the Benchmark ABH2, in mono. They were designed by Andrew Jones’s twin brother, and they are a total bargain. A pair sells for a fraction of what every previous amp I had cost.

Stef

Jan 10, 2021
Paris / France

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing