Tripoint Troy Elite - Installed

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Well, please have a look at the threads on the Emperor ‘ground’ station that I started at WBF or my experience in the La Assoluta thread. I would start with the preamp. In my system - apart from the speakers - grounding the preamp and the amps have the biggest impact.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Stunning! Congrats! A big fan of Tripoint.

Skynguyen

Dec 1, 2019
Thanks! I forgot to mention the emperor bringing crazy 3D holographic that some late night listen giving me a spooky feelings like I couldn’t tell where the the tiny detail come from. The sound is just so real.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
I am sorry but I have no Tripoint Thor se ground cables available anymore. That said please keep the following in mind: good as they are, the Thor se cannot be compared to the Emperor mk ii ground cable. The latter is much, much better than the former. Yes, these ‘Anaconda’s’ cost an arm and leg but they are very costly to produce and so good that you really need those to exploit the full potential of your Emperor ‘ground’ station. So hopefully you do not mind if I advise you to try to save some (additional) money for a second ‘Anaconda’. Please believe me: one of these master Tripoint ground cables will do more for your audio system than three Thor se ground cables.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I am sorry but I have no Tripoint Thor se ground cables available anymore. That said please keep the following in mind: good as they are, the Thor se cannot be compared to the Emperor mk ii ground cable. The latter is much, much better than the former. Yes, these ‘Anaconda’s’ cost an arm and leg but they are very costly to produce and so good that you really need those to exploit the full potential of your Emperor ‘ground’ station. So hopefully you do not mind if I advise you to try to save some (additional) money for a second ‘Anaconda’. Please believe me: one of these master Tripoint ground cables will do more for your audio system than three Thor se ground cables.

How much is a Emperor MkII ground cable?

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Not sure what the current prices are and it - ofcourse - depends on the length of each cable. Miguel can inform you in this regard.

Skynguyen

Dec 1, 2019
Since am using monoblock will it be ok to use thorn se on one amp and emperor mark ii on the other amp?
Thanks

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
In light of the quality difference of these two ground cables such an approach seems not advisable because in this way you create a difference between the right and left channel. But Miguel surely can answer your question much better than I can. I would reach out to him and find out what he thinks of it.

Last edited:

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Hi Tripoint, Entreq and Nordost grounding fans,
A while ago, I read that Nordost licensed their QKore grounding technology form an individual but I cannot remember where I read about that or who it was specifically. If anyone recalls that information or any links to the info I seek, I'd appreciate learning about it.
Thanks
Marty

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Tripoint, Entreq and Nordost grounding fans,
A while ago, I read that Nordost licensed their QKore grounding technology form an individual but I cannot remember where I read about that or who it was specifically. If anyone recalls that information or any links to the info I seek, I'd appreciate learning about it.
Thanks
Marty
Hi Marty,

See post 2 on this WBF thread. I think this is what you might have been looking for?

From CKK (May 31, 2019):

"!The Nordost QRT products & grounding products are both effective and have clean&tidy designs.

BTW The QRT is a collaboration/licence from Bill Stierhout.
Bill now has a new audio accessories company called Add-Powr and had a booth at Munich Hi-end 2019.
He and Nordost has separated?"

Reactions: marty

justubes

Aug 10, 2015
The Qkore cannot be using related technology and totally passive, maybe much more like Entreq, Tripoint passive filtering and many others now, even Synergistic R, Shunyata with their encapsulated carbon fibre capsules surrounding the wires or a magnitude of tweaks which contain some form of other these piezoelectric Al or similar minerals.

These piezoelectric materials contained within that all alter the electrical field and alters what we hear like products by Bybee, Stein etc..

The Quantums tech used in the QX product all require power to create a field or pulse which back then, was licenced by Bill S.

Reactions: marty

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Hi Marty,

See post 2 on this WBF thread. I think this is what you might have been looking for?

From CKK (May 31, 2019):

"!The Nordost QRT products & grounding products are both effective and have clean&tidy designs.

BTW The QRT is a collaboration/licence from Bill Stierhout.
Bill now has a new audio accessories company called Add-Powr and had a booth at Munich Hi-end 2019.
He and Nordost has separated?"
Perfect. That was what I was seeking. It turns out that Bill Stierhout did not have a patented technology for the QKore, but rather proprietary technology. I was hoping to find a patented technology so I could read the patent, but it seems there isn't any. Thanks anyway Lloyd and "justubes".
Marty

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Perfect. That was what I was seeking. It turns out that Bill Stierhout did not have a patented technology for the QKore, but rather proprietary technology. I was hoping to find a patented technology so I could read the patent, but it seems there isn't any. Thanks anyway Lloyd and "justubes".
Marty

Patents usually do not explain why the devices work - just how they are built, in order to prevent other people from manufacturing a similar device. If people manufacturing "grounding" devices tried to patent their devices using the pseudo-science and verbose they use in their marketing the patent would immediately denied - we can't patent anything going against the known laws of physics.

The old QRT devices designed by Bill Stierhout were simply selective digital noise generators intelligently coupled to the mains signal. As far as I see it, they are not related with the QKORE's - they are more like the Qv2 AC Line Harmonizer.

I must say I do not have any sympathy towards this type of devices, but I have tried the QKORE Q6 in my system and enjoyed the modification it brought to the sound quality, so I decided to keep it.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Francisco, we're mostly in agreement. However, I respectfully disagree with you about what is patentable. Having a few dozen patents myself, my experience is that originality from prior art is what determines the success of getting a patent. Scientific merit is not something the patent office cares about- they are not experts in this area. Their job is to assess novelty. Ultimately, if a patent is challenged, even then, scientific accuracy is not as important as novelty and prior art. You can probably patent a machine that you claim will transport you back in time to listen to Marantz 7's and 9's on double KLH Model 9's! That doesn't mean such a time machine can ever be made or that the scientific description of such as device has any validity. (It would be nice to hear that rig once again!). But if it's a novel idea and hasn't been done before, it very well may be patentable!

Reactions: Sablon Audio

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Francisco, we're mostly in agreement. However, I respectfully disagree with you about what is patentable. Having a few dozen patents myself, my experience is that originality from prior art is what determines the success of getting a patent. Scientific merit is not something the patent office cares about- they are not experts in this area. Their job is to assess novelty. Ultimately, if a patent is challenged, even then, scientific accuracy is not as important as novelty and prior art. You can probably patent a machine that you claim will transport you back in time to listen to Marantz 7's and 9's on double KLH Model 9's! That doesn't mean such a time machine can ever be made or that the scientific description of such as device has any validity. (It would be nice to hear that rig once again!). But if it's a novel idea and hasn't been done before, it very well may be patentable!
Marty,

I can guess your patent submissions did not violate physics laws. ;)

Although scientific merit is not checked per se by patent authorities, claims that violate fundamental physic laws are not issued - using a specific language that does not refer to science, but something like "because the disclosed invention is inoperative and therefore lacks utility." or "there is no evidence before the Office that the current invention is operative under accepted scientific knowledge. Inventions that utilize previously unknown or evolving scientific principles require some degree of evidence that they are operative and, thus, have utility."

It is why in general we do not have patents on perpetual machines or time machines, although we have plenty of inventors of such devices and many legal issues and studies on the subject - some of these debates are more circular than some WBF threads!

BTW, I am addressing patents in general, not the medical patents, I have no experience in such field.

EmConn

Aug 14, 2017
Hi All,
I’ve been a member for quite a few years but haven’t posted before but after adding tripoint elite NG very recently I just wanted to say a few words as it’s had such a profound impact on my system...
Just to give some background - I by no means have perfected my system to the extent many members here have... it’s still a work in progress and one of the biggest constraints is the fact that I’m using the family room (living room) as the listening room...
I frankly don’t have the space in my current home to have a dedicated room but also I have always been double minded about a dedicated room because my kids are young and I don’t want to be far removed from them or my wife by being on my own in a listening room... but admittedly I do think about it every now and then... :)
Given all the positive experiences of those that actually own tripoint - I decided to give it a shot...(a big thank you to those that have shared their experiences here as it certainly swayed me to pull the trigger...). I went for the tripoint particularly so that it will help with my room shortcomings...to cut to the chase - I just installed it two nights ago and I can say with confidence that it is doing wonders for my system by helping reduce room issues... I was told it will but I was skeptical.... apparently this is because phase errors get exacerbated by room issues/reflections - reducing these errors (nipping them in the bud) reduces the room’s acoustic shortcomings/anomalies...
Experiencing is believing and I’m finding this to be a very meaningful improvement for my setup.. very gratifying when upgrades workout more than expected... . Just wanted to share this as I feel the high praise it gets from owners is well deserved.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hi Emconn,

Maybe you want to share the (high quality of) various components of your music system with our members so that they can understand the audio context within which you are employing the Tripoint Elite NG?

EmConn

Aug 14, 2017
Hi Emconn,

Maybe you want to share the (high quality of) various components of your music system with our members so that they can understand the audio context within which you are employing the Tripoint Elite NG?
Sure, Tidal Akira speakers, Dartzeel 18NS mk2 pre, dart 108 model 2 amp (awaiting dart 468s), shindo 301 turntable, and recently I cleaned up my power situation by properly earthing ground, adding a dedicated line and installing an equitech 5rq. I live in a multi story building so my power by no means was optimal before... so the improvements on the power side liberated my system allowing each component to more easily show through their characteristics... the tripoint has taken this quite a few notches further by taking musical strands and making everything more cohesive to the point I feel like everything is coming together... I’ve found myself not analyzing and getting simply lost in music... the improvement in terms of emotional connection to music is substantial... this may sound like I’m getting carried away but it really is my reaction to my most recent addition... the tripoint...!!:)

Reactions: onlychild

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Thanks, think is is quite helpful to fully understand your experiences with the Tripoint Elite NG.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing