Transparent Audio: Gen 6 Announcement

JeromeFrancis

Dec 9, 2023
Zurich
Hi, Cardas Clear is a good cable, I have heard it before. It's odd that you say Transparent Super sounded thin (how long did you listen to it, was it broken in?), but I haven't really heard super. I will say Transparent Ultra is a fantastic cable and should beat most anything out there. If you go to Reference, you won't look back...as you step up in Transparent you get lower noise, better bass, better resolution everywhere, more richness, more tambral density.

I don't think you'll go wrong with either, I do think longer term the network technology that Transparent has is real and makes a meaningful difference in the realistic portrayal of music.
Thank you, that is reassuring. Will most likely move over to Transparent in the next year or two.
The super, i just tested briefly over a weekend together with the Cardas Clear Reflection to make a purchase decision. Was using Nordost Blue Heaven at the time.

Frankie67

Nov 2, 2021
Hi. I’m considering replacing my current Trasparent Audio Reference cables (power cables and IC) in both my digital (full Vivaldi stack) and analog (Bergmann Odin/My Sonic Lab Platinum cartridge/ D’Agostino Momentum Phono stage) sources with Transparent Audio Opus Gen 6 cables.

i don’t have an opportunity to listen to them before buying.

Do you believe that it would be worthwhile considering that it would be a big financial investment?

thanks,
F.

JeromeFrancis

Dec 9, 2023
Zurich
Hi. I’m considering replacing my current Trasparent Audio Reference cables (power cables and IC) in both my digital (full Vivaldi stack) and analog (Bergmann Odin/My Sonic Lab Platinum cartridge/ D’Agostino Momentum Phono stage) sources with Transparent Audio Opus Gen 6 cables.

Do you believe that it would be worthwhile considering that it would be a big financial investment?

thanks,
F.
Maybe try one or two cables first to see if you like the sound signature or lack thereof before replacing the entire stack.

Reactions: Frankie67

markramler

Sep 19, 2014
New York, NY

thanks,
F.
Frankie
i went from Ref MM2 to XL G5 for my signal cables and XL G5 to Opus G5 for my power cords. They were very significant upgrades. The real value is the upgrade to Opus on the power cords. I want to upgrade the signal cables but it is out of my price range.
Mark

Frankie67

Nov 2, 2021
Frankie
i went from Ref MM2 to XL G5 for my signal cables and XL G5 to Opus G5 for my power cords. They were very significant upgrades. The real value is the upgrade to Opus on the power cords. I want to upgrade the signal cables but it is out of my price range.
Mark
I already have TA Opus on my speaker cables and two ICs (dac-preamp and preamp-power amp). In the future, I may also replace the one on the phono stage-preamp too.

Do you think that power cords would be a big improvement in terms of SQ as compared to the Reference line?

markramler

Sep 19, 2014
New York, NY
I already have TA Opus on my speaker cables and two ICs (dac-preamp and preamp-power amp). In the future, I may also replace the one on the phono stage-preamp too.

Do you think that power cords would be a big improvement in terms of SQ as compared to the Reference line?
Yes, the power cords make a huge difference in the sound. The XL was immediately better than the Reference and the OPUS was better than the XL by a wider margin than going from the Reference to XL. I think you will get significantly more of what you are already enjoying with your Reference Power Cords by further preserving the tonal balance of your music, improving the dynamics, and more precisely conveying the acoustic space of the music. It takes the music to another level.

Frankie67

Nov 2, 2021
Yes, the power cords make a huge difference in the sound. The XL was immediately better than the Reference and the OPUS was better than the XL by a wider margin than going from the Reference to XL. I think you will get significantly more of what you are already enjoying with your Reference Power Cords by further preserving the tonal balance of your music, improving the dynamics, and more precisely conveying the acoustic space of the music. It takes the music to another level.
Thanks Mark

Reactions: markramler

markramler

Sep 19, 2014
New York, NY
Thanks Mark
Frank
I use the standard Opus G5 and G6 power cords on all my source components. The G5 and G6 are the same model just rebranded.
Mark

Frankie67

Nov 2, 2021
Frank
I use the standard Opus G5 and G6 power cords on all my source components. The G5 and G6 are the same model just rebranded.
Mark
As far as power cords, I’m planning to use Opus gen 6 PCs on all of my main components except for my Gryphon amp and preamp (4 cables in total), where I use Gryphon Vanta PCs as recommended by Gryphon.

The only components on which I will still have TA Ref are my external switch (i.e, its Plixir PSU) and my external clock. Hopefully they won’t make a big difference.

PS: unfortunately I’ll be forced to purchase the more expensive gen 6 cables since I’ll get them from my dealer who only sell new cables.

markramler

Sep 19, 2014
New York, NY
As far as power cords, I’m planning to use Opus gen 6 PCs on all of my main components except for my Gryphon amp and preamp (4 cables in total), where I use Gryphon Vanta PCs as recommended by Gryphon.

The only components on which I will still have TA Ref are my external switch (i.e, its Plixir PSU) and my external clock. Hopefully they won’t make a big difference.

PS: unfortunately I’ll be forced to purchase the more expensive gen 6 cables since I’ll get them from my dealer who only sell new cables.
I tried the various levels of TA power cords on my PSU for my switch and it makes a discernible difference, so much so, that I had to get the Opus for my PSU. You can experiment and see for your self. Have fun.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

Hi, I know I replied to you on the dCS site. I think the advice you're getting here is spot on and in agreement with my experience. I think sticking with Ref on your switch/external clock are ok. I this is a ref clock for your Vivaldi stack?

I have Opus Source cords on my Digital and pre amps. I have Opus cords on the Isolators and amps. I do think they are both super close, however a little more weight on the notes for the non source cords.

Frankie67

Nov 2, 2021
Hi, I know I replied to you on the dCS site. I think the advice you're getting here is spot on and in agreement with my experience. I think sticking with Ref on your switch/external clock are ok. I this is a ref clock for your Vivaldi stack?

I have Opus Source cords on my Digital and pre amps. I have Opus cords on the Isolators and amps. I do think they are both super close, however a little more weight on the notes for the non source cords.
Yea it’s a reference clock (external). So,
leaving aside the Gryphon, the only units which would be non-Opus would be the external switch and the reference clock.

ationg

Aug 7, 2016
Four months in, I am liking my Transparent XL signal and speaker cables. They do not give me more treble or bass compared to my previous cables, and initially sounded a bit recessed in the highs. After a while though they somehow sound more natural and with a rich tonality which is very additive. I don't feel I am missing the details in the recordings. I find them very musical sounding. Next level up is the Opus... but the price....OMG...

Frankie67

Nov 2, 2021
Anyone knows how the High Fidelity Cable Pro line compares to TA Opus as far as power cords?

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Four months in, I am liking my Transparent XL signal and speaker cables. They do not give me more treble or bass compared to my previous cables, and initially sounded a bit recessed in the highs. After a while though they somehow sound more natural and with a rich tonality which is very additive. I don't feel I am missing the details in the recordings. I find them very musical sounding. Next level up is the Opus... but the price....OMG...
You got it. It's all there, just presented in a more natural and musically rich way. A few weeks ago a violin quartet was playing at the airport. What I heard there live, no amplification, sounds just like what I hear with Transparent cabling...

I do like Transparents upgrade program, let's you gradually move up if you want. Don't try Opus :)

ationg

Aug 7, 2016
You got it. It's all there, just presented in a more natural and musically rich way. A few weeks ago a violin quartet was playing at the airport. What I heard there live, no amplification, sounds just like what I hear with Transparent cabling...

I do like Transparents upgrade program, let's you gradually move up if you want. Don't try Opus :)
May I ask why don’t try Opus? the price can be obscene.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
May I ask why don’t try Opus? the price can be obscene.

Once you hear it, the price isn't (as) obscene. It is crazy good and on the order of better preamps and amps or new speakers. It's a significant performance increase in the areas of realism, extension, palpability, MUCH more quiet and resolution, but portrayed so naturally.

Reactions: ationg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing