Trafomatic Audio Elysium Amplifier

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi David,

Yes, an interesting approach. I only know a little bit about Ten, knowing Absolute Sounds who has created it. We also own the Robert Kodas which are also part of the Ten Collection.

Have you heard the Traformatics? I have heard they are intoxicatingly good. Ricardo of Absolute Sounds is enthralled with them...we did not have a chance to put them in with the XVXs which is what I had come to hear with the Robert Kodas driving them.

Reactions: zerostargeneral

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Interesting that Ten is doing Devore too, as I though GT audio did it earlier.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Hi Lloyd,
Ricardo and I go back to early 80’s and he was my gateway to the upper high end it’s only natural for him to come up with the Ten. I don’t have direct experience with Elysium amps but I trust Ricci and he must have heard something special to move on from his SS Swiss brand to them.

david

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Indeed same here-Ricardo and myself have been good friends since 83-spent some entertaining times at the Wimbledon mansion-dinners with Ken Kessler /etc listening to the Apogees--until the fateful "ahem" when they ceased to "emit". Yes well some Heavy metal can do that-ha!:D--the ever delightful Debbie as his PA --she of course departed and married Gayle Sanders.

We had some wild times alright -- we still keep in touch -but seriously I'm hoping the inclusion of Mextaxas in the Ten group will prove to be
an asset.

Time will tell,

BruceD

Last edited:

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Indeed same here-Ricardo and myself have been good friends since 83-spent some entertaining times at the Wimbledon mansion-dinners with Ken Kessler /etc listening to the Apogees--until the fateful "ahem" when they ceased to "emit". Yes well some Heavy metal can do that-ha!:D--the ever delightful Debbie as his PA --she of course departed and married Gayle Sanders.

We had some wild times alright -- we still keep in touch -but seriously I'm hoping the inclusion of Mextaxas in the Ten group will prove to be
an asset.

Time will tell,

BruceD
You must have might right after I left UK at the end of 82. He was still in the Wimbledon house and had the A1s, Krell KSA 50 or the 100 driving them with the Audio Research 5 preamp. Quite a system!
Do you still live there?
david

Run-RMC

Apr 16, 2022
UK
Interesting that Ten is doing Devore too, as I though GT audio did it earlier.

(And another company did Robert Kõda.)

I don't understand Ten placement. Nothing on the website and comes across to me as a side-bar to the main portfolio.

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Hi David,

Yes, an interesting approach. I only know a little bit about Ten, knowing Absolute Sounds who has created it. We also own the Robert Kodas which are also part of the Ten Collection.

Have you heard the Traformatics? I have heard they are intoxicatingly good. Ricardo of Absolute Sounds is enthralled with them...we did not have a chance to put them in with the XVXs which is what I had come to hear with the Robert Kodas driving them.

Lloyd,
Both your K160 and the Elysium are true end game amplifiers IMO; it is hard to know here to go from there, both offer a utterly transparent window to source, assuming the pre is of similar pedigree and with the RK and the Trafomatic pre (Tara) it certainly is.. A direct comparison would be fascinating as the two brands have such an opposing approach to amplifier design.

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Lloyd,
Ricardo and I go back to early 80’s and he was my gateway to the upper high end it’s only natural for him to come up with the Ten. I don’t have direct experience with Elysium amps but I trust Ricci and he must have heard something special to move on from his SS Swiss brand to them.

david
Fascinating...I have only met him recently for the first time. Super passionate and super knowledgeable! Very approachable as well.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Lloyd,
Both your K160 and the Elysium are true end game amplifiers IMO; it is hard to know here to go from there, both offer a utterly transparent window to source, assuming the pre is of similar pedigree and with the RK and the Trafomatic pre (Tara) it certainly is.. A direct comparison would be fascinating as the two brands have such an opposing approach to amplifier design.
Hi Paul. Thank you. I would love to hear the Elysium someday, and direct comparison would indeed be fun!

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Looks like Absolute Sounds’ artisanal division, Ten is the new global distributor for Trafomatic Audio's Elysium amplifiers.

david
Looks like Absolute Sounds’ artisanal division, Ten is the new global distributor for Trafomatic Audio's Elysium amplifiers.
Hi David, et all,

Hear This has recently been appointed Trafomatics US Distributor. We are hoping to have the Elysium monoblocks and matching Tara 30a preamplifier available for demonstration in the US sometime in 2024. Naturally, we will keep folks posted.

On November 10-12 Hear This and Trafomatic will be at the Capital Audio Festival demonstrating the Rhapsody parallel single ended 300B integrated amplifier.. Our room partners are Songer Audio and their bespoke full-range field coils loudspeakers, as well as Lampizator NA debuting their the newly released Poseidon DAC/Pre.

TA-Rhapsody-heroshot (1) (1).jpg

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Has anyone noticed that the Elysium amplifier has a somewhat unusually low input sensitivity of 3.5mV?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing