Top of the Line Tube Amplifier Companies?

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
In no particular order....

Thomas Mayer of Vinyl Savior
Nori Komuro of Komuro Amplifier Company and prior works of arts.
Gordon Rankin of Wavelength Audio
Scott Frankland of Scott Frankland Associates - Wavestream Kinetics for when more power is needed than what SET will provide.

Best wishes to all,
Don

Reactions: bonzo75

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
NAT Audio.

gestalt

Aug 3, 2019
Nashville, TN
gestalt.audio
Did you by chance try the Tron Atlantic DAC?
Thanks

Matt
Hi Matt, I have an Atlantic DAC GT in my studio. It's great - very high resolution, lots of nuance, transparency. Very much the "TRON" sound. It has an interesting way of separating pieces of the mix; each part is given space in a way I haven't quite heard other DACs do.

Heads up that I'm a TRON Electric dealer in the USA.

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
Hi Matt, I have an Atlantic DAC GT in my studio. It's great - very high resolution, lots of nuance, transparency. Very much the "TRON" sound. It has an interesting way of separating pieces of the mix; each part is given space in a way I haven't quite heard other DACs do.

Heads up that I'm a TRON Electric dealer in the USA.
Hello,

Any idea how the Tron compares with the various offerings from LampizatOr?

Thanks much,
Don

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Aries Cerat
KR Audio
Ayon Audio
Amplifon
New Audio Frontiers
NAT
WAVAC
Kondo
Air Tight
Allnic
Audiopax
VAC
Viva
Silbatone
Reimyo
Zanden
Absolare

gestalt

Aug 3, 2019
Nashville, TN
gestalt.audio
Hello,

Any idea how the Tron compares with the various offerings from LampizatOr?

Thanks much,
Don
Hi Don,

I used to be a LampizatOr dealer. It's a particularly difficult comparison to make because there is no single "Lampi sound" - you have to consider which tubes are in use as they drastically affect the final sound of the piece. I think the most general comparison I can offer is that TRON gear sounds different. Build quality and fit/finish are substantially different as well.

If you're curious about the Atlantic, DM me and I'm sure we can work out an audition.

Reactions: No Regrets

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing