There is a smarter way

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
I know nothing about Tidal. Use what you did in the video that you already posted. It Shostakovich Symphony 8 movement 3.

Tim, if you are still around, here are the videos of Shostakovich Symphony 8 movement 3 that you requested:

Reactions: tima

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
The more I listen to what I have achieved with the Remastering process on the WAAR system, the more powerful and paramount this approach reveals itself to be. Wow, simply wow!!!! This is the way I had always hoped my reference stereo system would sound!

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
PeterA asked:
Carlos, I assume your WAAR system is adaptable to any of your systems. - Yes, the Remastering process can be implemented in any system. The results will vary based on the systems capabilities. If the Remastering process is properly implemented, the changes requested by the system’s owner can be achieved. There has to be special care to not demand from the system performance requirements that it is not capable of, because this may result in equipment damage.

Do you use it with your other systems also? - Not at this time, but I’m planning on developing a second Remastering process 2-buss chain for my new horn system currently in final stages of completion. I will be using a completely different set of mastering equipment. The actual tools are not as important as their functions and quality. The real power of their Remastering process is in its ability to make surgical adjustments that enhance only the targeted characteristics of the system’s sound presentation without impacting other areas.

If it is so flexible, does it even matter what the original system is? - ABSOLUTELY the performance capabilities of the original system matter. To repeat, asking more of a system than what it is capable of will lead to equipment damage. With the Remastering process you have the ability to request what you want from your system by making the appropriate adjustments, but if your system doesn’t have the capacity to fulfill those request if will result in distortions and ultimately equipment damage. There was a very good reason why I selected the WAAR system as the host system for the Remastering process as it is an extremely capable system to begin with.

I suspect that you are changing parameters of the sound, but a more resolving system will come through the WAAR system enhancement as more resolving. - I’m not sure that I understand exactly what you are asking here. A more revolving system will be easier to adjust with the Remastering process as the changes will be more easily heard and perceived/ this is another reason why the WAAR system was selected for implementation of the Remastering process. A system that does not have the resolution and granularity/delineation will be more challenging as the premise of the enhancements is low level and inner detail.

I hear you talk a lot about “Natural Sound” and how less processing is more natural sound; that’s not always the case. In the case of the Remastering process, the goal is for the resultant sound to sound more “Real”, “Live” or “Enjoyable” to the system’s owner and isn’t that the ultimate goal? I realize that the adjustments can be abused to make things sound more dramatic than in real life and “unnatural”, but they can also be used to make things sound, in your lexicon, more “natural”. Those results are in the ear of the beholder and the responsibility of the system’s owner and their definition and perception of what is more “natural” or “real” sounding to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeterA

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
Here is a sample of the AWESOME power of my “system” Remastering process for all to hear, with different types of music:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing