The Two Amigos Ride Again- A 15,000 mile vacation of a lifetime

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
The Scope of the Workmanship and awe inspiring craftsmanship is indeed virtually unique --what an incredible experience --I've visited many such Castles/ Palaces in my travels but nothing comes close to those

Grateful thanks for the effort and Pictures Steve--did you get a chance to see the reconstructed Amber Room?-- sorry if it was included and I missed same.

Noticed few Pics -the verticals aligned as posted side on--if you would like me to correct?- just ask--happy to undertake if anyone is complaining about sore neck! :p

BruceD

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
well as Marty pointed out in his earlier post it was a little more than jet lag that has kept me off the board for the past 4-5 days. A small 2mm right ureteral stone and the complications that come with it if not passed. I had a similar 2 mm right sided stone in Feb 2016 that took me to the ER where I was fortunate to pass it but loaded up with morphine, Dilaudid, Reglan, Zofran and Toradol. After a 12 hour flight from Frankfurt to Los Angeles we arrived home by 7:00 PM and were unpacked and in bed by 10:00 both physically exhausted. I was awakened just past midnight with classic early symptoms of another right sided stone. This time it took little persuasion from Cathy to get me to the ER as we both knew the symptoms. So a 7 hour stay in the ER and home on July 4 when we were having a BBQ dinner for my eldest daughter and her 2 young daughters, my son as well as a very close friend of mine from Canada who lives close by.My back pain was gone but I now had right lower quadrant acute abdominal pain that continued to worsen. I developed bloating and had to excuse myself from the party and went upstairs not know what the heck was going on. Finally I had my wife come get me and I ended back in the ER which was packed and took me 3 hours to be seen. In the interim I had urinary frequency and passed the stone followed by a huge diuresis and relief of my abdominal distention. and pain. Bottom line was the stone was lodged in my distal ureter and I had an obstructive uropathy which resulted in some elevated renal function tests but presumably as a result of the obstruction. They say the 2 worst pain types we humans can be subject to is 1 labor pains and ureteral colic.So I had 3 days of nothing to eat as well as no sleep and this pain and being snow balled on the ureteral calculus cocktail.The cloud and discomfort only began resolving today.

Moral to the story is to stay hydrated and to stay mobile when on a long air flight.

I can't imagine having that pain on a 12 hour flight.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The Scope of the Workmanship and awe inspiring craftsmanship is indeed virtually unique --what an incredible experience --I've visited many such Castles/ Palaces in my travels but nothing comes close to those

Grateful thanks for the effort and Pictures Steve--did you get a chance to see the reconstructed Amber Room?-- sorry if it was included and I missed same.

Noticed few Pics -the verticals aligned as posted side on--if you would like me to correct?- just ask--happy to undertake if anyone is complaining about sore neck! :p

BruceD

Bruce we did see the Amber Room but photos were prohibited

Feel free to correct. I started doing it and it slowed me down again. Plus I'm just starting to see the trees for the forest

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing