The True Test Of The Shunyata Triton

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I have to try a Triton at some point. I've sure been happy with my humble PS8/Defender combo.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Steve, Marty et al. YOU think you're all on the lunatic fringe?! You should check us Entreq grounding folk. First a Silver Tellus grounding box, w/one Apollo grounding cable from pre. Then four more ground cables from phono/cdp/monoblocks. Then Westwick 8kVA balanced transformer. Next step, add on Atlantis grounding box. Then upgrade five Apollo leads to five Atlantis leads. Then add a Pwr'us distribution block. Then a Cln'us box from the Pwr'us via an Atlantis lead. Finally!!! an Atlantis lead from Pwr'us to the Atlantis box. And that'll be a wrap. You guys are amateurs ;)!!! I feel like Jack Nicolson at the start of The Shining!

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
I can only speak for myself, but at this point in my audio career, I measure new purchases by their emotional reward for ME. It is frequently irrational, but then most emotional decisions are to some extent. For the first time in a year I am using my system without any of my original Zitron products except for a couple of Venom PC's for my Martin Logan's and I feel that I finally can assess their value by their absence.

First of all, I really miss the Triton. It is hard to put into words, but everything is different, and not in a good way, not even a bit. The cohesiveness that I did not know was available pre Triton is obviously gone. I am back to listening to components of the music and not the overall music. It is just not as fun, enjoyable or real.

The Anaconda cord removals, which necessitated the temporary removal of the Triton, made a big difference, especially the one connected to my Spectral 260. Thank God I still have the Alpha Digital's in place. It reminds me of the early days of stereo with all of the right/left tricks. I cannot wait for the 5 replacement Alpha HC's and the Typhon. It will be hard to add each new product one at a time, but someone has to do it!!!

Without a doubt the first cord to go in will be the 20 Amp Alpha HC so that my Triton can back into my system!!!!!!!

Another attempt to help my sad soul and bleeding ears will going to hear Trombone Shortie with Marty and fems tonight and Cirque du Soleil's AmuLuna under the big top on Sunday.

My hat is off to Caelin at Shunyata and my wonderful Shunyata dealer Sanjay, owner of Ciamara in NYC.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I can only speak for myself, but at this point in my audio career, I measure new purchases by their emotional reward for ME. It is frequently irrational, but then most emotional decisions are to some extent. For the first time in a year I am using my system without any of my original Zitron products except for a couple of Venom PC's for my Martin Logan's and I feel that I finally can assess their value by their absence.

First of all, I really miss the Triton. It is hard to put into words, but everything is different, and not in a good way, not even a bit. The cohesiveness that I did not know was available pre Triton is obviously gone. I am back to listening to components of the music and not the overall music. It is just not as fun, enjoyable or real.

The Anaconda cord removals, which necessitated the temporary removal of the Triton, made a big difference, especially the one connected to my Spectral 260. Thank God I still have the Alpha Digital's in place. It reminds me of the early days of stereo with all of the right/left tricks. I cannot wait for the 5 replacement Alpha HC's and the Typhon. It will be hard to add each new product one at a time, but someone has to do it!!!

Without a doubt the first cord to go in will be the 20 Amp Alpha HC so that my Triton can back into my system!!!!!!!

Another attempt to help my sad soul and bleeding ears will going to hear Trombone Shortie with Marty and fems tonight and Cirque du Soleil's AmuLuna under the big top on Sunday.

My hat is off to Caelin at Shunyata and my wonderful Shunyata dealer Sanjay, owner of Ciamara in NYC.

Be patient with the AHC PC Russ as I found they took several weeks to burn in

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
Steve,

I am not surprised that the Aplha HC's take several weeks to break-in considering what I experienced along with others with the Alpha Digital, and especially because there is twice as much cable with the HC. Since I am literally bleeding from my ears, for another reason that will require surgery, I probably will not be able to hear properly for a bit post-operatively any way. However, I am going to use SR break-in adapters to daisy-chain the 5 Alpha HC's to an industrial fan as per Caelin's recommendations and hopefully reduce the major part of the break-in down to 5-7 days.

It funny how memory screws with one's sense of hearing. I am getting use to not having the Triton working as well as the absence of the 3 Anaconda PC's and starting to think that my system sounds like a pretty good system again. What it does not sound is REAL, as it did with the Triton and Anaconda's.

I am sorry, for the crudeness of this analogy, although it fits - once you experience sex for the first time, reading about sex is no longer enough. The Triton is audio sex!!. Hopefully the Typhon will be an audio orgy!!!!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing