The Teaser To The Teaser

mbovaird

Banned
Jan 5, 2013
Looks good. Adding the silk dome tweeter to the Sophia? Sophia 4?

That's a smart move IMO. That's such a popular speaker for so many people. It's a good "teaser" speaker! How many people start with a Sophia and move up? Lots.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Looks good. Adding the silk dome tweeter to the Sophia? Sophia 4?

That's a smart move IMO. That's such a popular speaker for so many people. It's a good "teaser" speaker! How many people start with a Sophia and move up? Lots.

I doubt you'll see a "4" due to it being unlucky to Asian people but yes it looks like is either a Sophia or a Sasha

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
I love teasers.... Especially when I know what it is ;)

jap

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
Since it's a two piece cabinet with two woofers, it's obviously a Sasha 2.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It looks smaller than a Sasha and simpler lines too. W/P 9?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Jack,
Perhaps these are just the speakers that some one is replacing - and IMHO no one replaces a Wilson W/P with a Sophia like. The new ones should be Sasha 2's with new tweeters!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
In the video these were being assembled not dismantled. Hmmmmm.

TheMadMilkman

Sep 7, 2010

The cabinet shape and driver layout match the W/P. Since the Sasha is technically named "Sasha W/P", I don't think they'll introduce anything using the Watt/Puppy naming scheme.

I see a few potential scenarios:

1. The Sasha is being upgraded, but the speakers in the video are not the new Sashas. Rather, they are older Watt/Puppys being used just for the video shoot. (not likely, imo)

2. The Sophia is being updated. (most likely)

3. A new speaker is being introduced in between the Sophia and the Sasha. (unlikely -- Wilson's lineup is already getting a little crowded)

Assuming a speaker is introduced that does use the Watt/Puppy format, I'm curious to see how Wilson's marketing material changes. The web page for the Sasha somewhat denigrates the old W/P enclosure.

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Where's my popcorn? I am enjoying all of your guesses :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm guessing it's a "tweener" :)

An ~ 20k speaker in between Sophia and Sasha :)

Pass the popcorn Debbie!

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I guess Wilson is feeling the heat from the entry level Magicos :)

My guess it's a new Sophia.

alexandre

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I can't see why they would update the Sophia with the silk dome tweeter before updating the Sasha. And since the speakers in the video are two-piece and look a lot like the W/P series - and not the single-box and single-woofer Sophia, and they definitely don't have the better Sasha shape - I'd say the video is a ploy, a tease, it really doesn't show anything we don't know, therefore the new speaker is the Wilson Tease or Teaser, of unknown price point.

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
I can't see why they would update the Sophia with the silk dome tweeter before updating the Sasha. And since the speakers in the video are two-piece and look a lot like the W/P series - and not the single-box and single-woofer Sophia, and they definitely don't have the better Sasha shape - I'd say the video is a ploy, a tease, it really doesn't show anything we don't know, therefore the new speaker is the Wilson Tease or Teaser, of unknown price point.

So you are saying a video entitled "The teaser to the (well) tease" is a tease? Hehehe ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing