The stench that is the NCAA

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Hopefully the Peen State scandal did not involve any athletes.

The question remains how the NCAA did not ferret out this scandal in the manner in which it carries out its primary mission. Assuring the athletes never share in the profits.

Once there career is over they leave college in debt and without education or a job. While some schools do, the NCAA has no aggressive program to assure athletes graduate or get a job.
Every transgression by a student is front page news. Reggie Bushs' scandal followed him into the pros. Indeed there is a move afoot to make this a common practice.

"A man never stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child." At Penn State they must have slithered across the ground.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
This is so outrageous! ...It's making the news all over, so what else can we say that hasn't been said yet?

The future lies before us, and nothing is going to change it!
Might is well accept it, it's the world we live in!

I know I know, sounds real sick does it, but that is a fact of reality.

If we cannot choose the right values in our society, who else will?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Unfortunately this scandal may spread. With more victims and principals. Yes, I said principals.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
Unfortunately this scandal may spread. With more victims and principals. Yes, I said principals.

Like maybe finding out why the first DA assigned to this case disappeared and his computer washed up from some river.

I don't think we have seen but the tip of the iceberg. This has been around for 13 years. There are a LOT of people who heard or knew or suspected who have been silent. They will all be discovered.

But why is this an NCAA issue?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Penn State has at least one more person to fire, and that would be their receiver coach who is used to be a quarterback at Penn State, and that would be McQueary. He is the one that saw Sandusky in the shower with the 10 year old and did nothing to intervene. It makes you wonder what the culture was at Penn State when a grown man sees another grown man having sex with a 10 year old in the shower and he doesn't step in to stop it and have him arrested. Nah, he goes home and tells his dad who tells him to call Joe Pa. Everybody was more worried about the reputation of the football program than they were worried about doing the right thing.

Anybody who thinks the list of victims is going to stop at 9 believes in fairy tales.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
The business of College sports in the U.S. is likely any college/university's primary source of revenue, so blind eyes are everywhere. However, and like the Catholic church, all evil eventually comes to the surface and rightly so. It is a disgusting situation, but I doubt its the end of it.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Penn State has at least one more person to fire, and that would be their receiver coach who is used to be a quarterback at Penn State, and that would be McQueary. He is the one that saw Sandusky in the shower with the 10 year old and did nothing to intervene. It makes you wonder what the culture was at Penn State when a grown man sees another grown man having sex with a 10 year old in the shower and he doesn't step in to stop it and have him arrested. Nah, he goes home and tells his dad who tells him to call Joe Pa. Everybody was more worried about the reputation of the football program than they were worried about doing the right thing.

Anybody who thinks the list of victims is going to stop at 9 believes in fairy tales.

+1

And it looks like Sandusky may also be indicted in TX.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
I'm not an attorney but does their not exist some potential for Joe Paterno to be found guilty of hiding information to keep this crime from being dealt with a lot sooner - and hence the possibility of jail time?

And what about the moron (and then grad student) McQueary who saw the crime and did not report it to the police (and then gets promoted to a coaching staff position)?

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I'm not an attorney but does their not exist some potential for Joe Paterno to be found guilty of hiding information to keep this crime from being dealt with a lot sooner - and hence the possibility of jail time?

If they can put Martha Stewart in jail (and they did), they can get anyone.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Generally speaking the average citizen has no obligation to report a crime. There ar some inceptions mostly involving children and those with an obligation to protect them. Jo Pa did not see anything. He could be an accessory after the fact. Or maybe he obstructied justice. if he convinced the grad asst. not to go to the police. If you read the grand jury's findings of fact any sympathy you have will disappear.

But why is this an NCAA issue?
Because they have been lax in their efforts in any area except giving athletes money.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Read on please...

And what about the moron (and then grad student) McQueary who saw the crime and did not report it to the police (and then gets promoted to a coaching staff position)?

Generally speaking the average citizen has no obligation to report a crime. There ar some inceptions mostly involving children and those with an obligation to protect them. Jo Pa did not see anything. He could be an accessory after the fact. Or maybe he obstructied justice. if he convinced the grad asst. not to go to the police. If you read the grand jury's findings of fact any sympathy you have will disappear.

Because they have been lax in their efforts in any area except giving athletes money.

The Penn State University has laws in place that protect all these people we're talking about here against any kind of prosecution!
Nobody has to report any crime; they are in no obligation whatsoever!
If you read the Penn University laws you'll find these clauses in their own rules of laws.
This is a fact, I ain't making that up, just go and read it, or ask law officials.

The Pope at the Vatican in Rome is aware of crimes committed against children by the Catholic church organisation. Several high priest officials from the Catholic cult delegation are aware of these kind of crimes and they don't tell no police!
The mafia in Italy works with the Catholic gangs. And together they infiltrate all segments of our society, including child trafficking, and child molestation & abuse evidently.

In the United States of America, the education system is so retarded that most people (the vast majority) don't have an adequate education. And most politicians are doin' nothing to help others but themselves and their own bank accounts!

"This guy have a lot of money, so he is a very serious candidate to become the next president."

"This guy has raised millions of dollars for his political agenda, and he is a sex offender."

"That one doesn't know the three most important rules of our planet."

"Watch that guy, he knows what counts; ideas, he got some of them."

"Football is the biggest business in America, and that's all what truly counts."

Yes, that's how sick the world just around us is!
You don't have to go to Syria, just look in your own backyard!

In Canada, the Boy Scouts organisation, as well in the USA, is stopping any information to the police and normal population on sexual predators and child molestation criminals in being divulged!
They aren't releasing the list of those sexual perverts to the police, or anyone else for that matter!
- It's exactly encouraging child abuse, molestation, rape, and crimes of the very worst kind!

Those are all facts my dear members, and this is the world that you (we) live in.

* Religions, politics, sport organisations, insurance companies, investment firm businesses, oil companies, government officials, Wall Street, and all that Jazz... are shields of the worst crimes committed against people of our societies.
We live in the most disgraceful planet of all the universe! Not because of it's natural beauty, but because of man's own destruction and the destruction of his entire environment!

Done for now.

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Ironically the guy who witnessed it was not fired because he is protected by whistleblower legislation. certainly that is a perversion of the statute. A guy who seeks to protect his bosses by reporting a crime in house does not fit anyones definition of whistleblower.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Is the NCAA a part of all of this? Sure. But so is every college sports fan. When we made athletics, and the money it generates, the most highly-paid, loudly praised, publicly important thing our universities do, we guaranteed the cover-up of any activity that would threaten the flow of talent and money. We should, at least, be talking about a decades-long cover up of the bad behavior of some brilliant professor. But I doubt that would make the front page of the local paper.

Tim

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I think McQueary is going to be fired. They put him on administrative leave yesterday and he called someone on the team and said he wasn't their coach anymore. He should have been the first one fired. McQueary broke up a knife fight when he was a student and he can't step in and protect a 10 year old from a sexual predator because he used to be a football coach??

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

It's very hard to read that indictment. It's sickening.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
It's very hard to read that indictment. It's sickening.

I didn't want to read it all the way through Lots of people knew what Sandusky was up to and there were many opportunties to stop him. There is a fine line between being a hero and a zero, and far too many people decided to be a zero. McQueary is one of the biggest zeros in my book. Penn State needs to fire anyone and everyone that was involved in covering up the crimes committed by Sandusky. I don't think they have their arms around the total extent of this scandal yet.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
The Penn State University has laws in place that protect all these people we're talking about here against any kind of prosecution!
Nobody has to report any crime; they are in no obligation whatsoever!
If you read the Penn University laws you'll find these clauses in their own rules of laws.
This is a fact, I ain't making that up, just go and read it, or ask law officials.

The Pope at the Vatican in Rome is aware of crimes committed against children by the Catholic church organisation. Several high priest officials from the Catholic cult delegation are aware of these kind of crimes and they don't tell no police!
The mafia in Italy works with the Catholic gangs. And together they infiltrate all segments of our society, including child trafficking, and child molestation & abuse evidently.

In the United States of America, the education system is so retarded that most people (the vast majority) don't have an adequate education. And most politicians are doin' nothing to help others but themselves and their own bank accounts!

"This guy have a lot of money, so he is a very serious candidate to become the next president."

"This guy has raised millions of dollars for his political agenda, and he is a sex offender."

"That one doesn't know the three most important rules of our planet."

"Watch that guy, he knows what counts; ideas, he got some of them."

"Football is the biggest business in America, and that's all what truly counts."

Yes, that's how sick the world just around us is!
You don't have to go to Syria, just look in your own backyard!

In Canada, the Boy Scouts organisation, as well in the USA, is stopping any information to the police and normal population on sexual predators and child molestation criminals in being divulged!
They aren't releasing the list of those sexual perverts to the police, or anyone else for that matter!
- It's exactly encouraging child abuse, molestation, rape, and crimes of the very worst kind!

Those are all facts my dear members, and this is the world that you (we) live in.

* Religions, politics, sport organisations, insurance companies, investment firm businesses, oil companies, government officials, Wall Street, and all that Jazz... are shields of the worst crimes committed against people of our societies.
We live in the most disgraceful planet of all the universe! Not because of it's natural beauty, but because of man's own destruction and the destruction of his entire environment!

Done for now.

Were you drunk when you wrote all of this crap? I hope so because at least that will give you an excuse for offending people.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I didn't want to read it all the way through Lots of people knew what Sandusky was up to and there were many opportunties to stop him. There is a fine line between being a hero and a zero, and far too many people decided to be a zero. McQueary is one of the biggest zeros in my book. Penn State needs to fire anyone and everyone that was involved in covering up the crimes committed by Sandusky. I don't think they have their arms around the total extent of this scandal yet.

Well the President of PSU and the trustees have ordered an investigation. It will be interesting to see what that turns up and how many more heads roll.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Is the NCAA a part of all of this? Sure. But so is every college sports fan. When we made athletics, and the money it generates, the most highly-paid, loudly praised, publicly important thing our universities do, we guaranteed the cover-up of any activity that would threaten the flow of talent and money. We should, at least, be talking about a decades-long cover up of the bad behavior of some brilliant professor. But I doubt that would make the front page of the local paper.

Tim

What's more important; Hercules and Venus, god and goddess from Olympia, or the mental health of our children and athletes?

Tim, I agree with you on all the things that are covered up in our society (Syria, ...),
but go in any maximum security jail and find out what the worst criminals hate the most!
...Raping children.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing