The Fabelmans

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
we have seen the trailers to this film many times and each time made me want to see the film. We rented it for all of $20. Movie was worth every penny

This is Steven Spielberg at his very best. Telling the intimate stories of his youth and how he was exposed to movies and how he grew up with a camera in his hand

Inspired by Steven Spielberg's own childhood, rediscover the magic of movies in The Fabelmans, a coming-of-age story about a young man uncovering a shattering family secret and the power of film and imagination to help us see the truth about ourselves and each other. With a star-studded cast featuring Michelle Williams, Paul Dano, Seth Rogen, Gabriel LaBelle, and Judd Hirsch, The Fabelmans tells a timeless tale of heartbreak, healing, and hope for the dreamer inside all of us.

The story is a lengthy 154 minutes and is slow in parts but the story is beautifully told and one has to wonder how much is fact and how much is fiction. The part when Spielberg fresh out of college and looking for a job quickly finds himself in the office of John Ford played very well by David Lynch

There were parts where Spielberg was bringing us all deep into his inner self as to what made him think. He was a genius at film literally the first time he saw his first movie. He would lie awake at night at the age of 6 or 7 planning to recreate the train crash he saw in his first movie. He obsessed about it to the point where he couldn't sleep,'

A well cast film with Michelle Williams playing his mother

I thought that the film showed a very vulnerable part of his character and why he is who he is present day

This film is definitely 2 thumbs' up

The Fabelmans | Official Trailer [HD]

Reactions: Scott Naylor

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
It was good. Not really my kind of movie but can’t deny the quality. Like you, I felt it was slow in the middle. Seth Rogan was a strange role to see but Lynch and Hirsch were great.

Banshees up next on HBOMax.

ACHiPo

Feb 22, 2015
Pleasanton, CA
Loved it. My vote for best movie of the year.

Steve Williams

I tend to agree. I see it winning best picture as well
Fabelmans indeed wins Golden Globe for Best Movie In A Drama and Banshees of Inisherin win Golden Globe for Best Movie in Comedy or Music
It was refreshing to see a very moved Stephen Spielberg who bared his soul to tell this story since he was 17 years old.It was at the end of the year my favorite to win Best Movie

Spielberg made a very humble but emotional speech that one could see the quiver in his throat and the tear in his eye

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Steve, have you see Tar yet? It’s fantastic.

Everything, Everyone…. is probably our last one when it’s available for rental.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Steve, have you see Tar yet? It’s fantastic.

Everything, Everyone…. is probably our last one when it’s available for rental.

I need to watch that soon.

This movie (Fabelmans) looks well done but not sure I care about the plot.

Steve Williams

I need to watch that soon.

This movie (Fabelmans) looks well done but not sure I care about the plot.
The Fabemmans deserved Best Picture. It was Spielberg baring his soul to the world

Tar is next up

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing