The Combined Effect of Tweaks Can Be Impressive!

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I agree with the comments that the room is the most important tweak of all. That is certainly true.

P.S. I'm pretty good at Maggie placement and I only made some fine adjustments there. I have found the Cardas planar speaker formula is right on the money.

However I did this all in stages and the new power cords probably had the second biggest impact. This was followed by the use of the same brand of cable throughout.

naturephoto1

May 24, 2010
Breinigsville, PA
www.nelridge.com
I agree with the comments that the room is the most important tweak of all. That is certainly true.

P.S. I'm pretty good at Maggie placement and I only made some fine adjustments there. I have found the Cardas planar speaker formula is right on the money.

However I did this all in stages and the new power cords probably had the second biggest impact. This was followed by the use of the same brand of cable throughout.

Hi Lee,

I know that others including Mike Lavigne on Audiogon some years ago indicated that the Oyaide R1 outlets and the Oyaide receptacle covers had even more effect on the sound in his system than using some of the as I recall Jena Labs and Evolution Acoustics Power Cords with built in Power Conditioners that he was using for his equipment. I suspect that he may be correct. But, I had the Oyaide R1 Receptacles and the Oyaide receptacle covers (only 2 of these were installed and used for all of the electronics) installed along with the special cryoed Romex wire and 4 20 amp lines before moving the equipment into the room. I added 2 Evolution Acoustics PC2one Power Cords (with the Power Conditioners) with the ends replaced with Oyaide 079 connectors into my system within the past month; they were installed on my modified Exact Power EP15A Power units and noticed an immediate improvement.

Rich

Rutgar

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas Area
mysite.verizon.net
But speaker positioning is also listener dependent. If three experienced people position the speakers in a room independently most probably they will not place them in the same position - I did this test in my room.

I agree. But don't you think that this is also due to the endless speakers/listener positions more than to personal preference? In other words, what are the chances of any two people independantly placing a given speaker/listener arrangement in the exact same spot in any particular room?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing