Technics brings back the SP10

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
http://fidelisanalog.com/2018/10/11/intimate-with-the-sp-10r/

I’m not one for the purple prose of audio reviews. Sorry to let you down. However, I doubt my subjective observations bear much relevance to anyone else. I will say I could happily live with a 10R as my one ‘table. Shiny, new, warranty, and performs great. What’s not to like?

Would I trade a MK3 for a 10R? Not a chance. While objective measurements of the 10R are the slightest bit better than the MK3, I think the MK3 is a higher-caliber unit. Beefier components, better machining, and better industrial design; even if the control unit is dated. It’s a brute.

Reactions: bonzo75

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
I wait my SL-1000R...

Reactions: Vienna

airbearing

May 2, 2012
Munich - Germany
Maybe Fremers Caliburn became a bit old. Also many changes he made on the tonearms especially with the Swedish one. It does not match the design.

He might look out for a real innovation in Direct Drives:

5FA174A3-5411-4204-BC66-2268312E6E74.jpeg

Reactions: Vienna

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
I have received mine 7 months ago.
It's a great turntable.
I prefer it than my VPI.
Be carefull with the choice of the headshell : enormous difference !!!

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
How to post picture in the post, please ? Thanks.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
click on this icon in the posting box, then click on the box that appears. it will allow you to select a picture from your computer. select the picture, then hit open. that's it.
1582896453674.png

Reactions: lordcloud

hogen

May 15, 2018
Oslo, Norway
Does anybody else also have experience with the Technics sl-1000r?

I have seen many good reviews, but MF seems less than happy, at least with the Technics plinth and arm.

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Does anybody else also have experience with the Technics sl-1000r?

I have seen many good reviews, but MF seems less than happy, at least with the Technics plinth and arm.

Thanks Mike Lavigne.
What is the max size, please ? My file is too big.

I have a little experience with the Technics SL-1000R...

I post later when I have few time...

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Thanks Mike Lavigne.

you have to reconfigure your picture to a pdf. typically 1240 x 760. i'm not enough of a techie to guide you on how to do that. it will depend on what program on your computer/laptop you open the picture files with. maybe if you bang on it long enough you will find a way.

maybe observe the program, then 'google' a question on how to convert the file for that program. that might give you a clue on how to do it. i can certainly relate to your frustration as i was where you are a few years ago.

congrats on the SL-1000R and best wishes and the picture p[osting.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
The Technics SL-1000R is a fine combo. Michael is, obviously, happier with a $30-50k tonearm on it, that can be very easily mounted on it. The Bergmann Odin is a tonearm that I'm curious to hear on the Technics, as I know it's absolutely fantastic on Bergmann's own Galder.

Reactions: hogen

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
you have to reconfigure your picture to a pdf. typically 1240 x 760. i'm not enough of a techie to guide you on how to do that. it will depend on what program on your computer/laptop you open the picture files with. maybe if you bang on it long enough you will find a way.

maybe observe the program, then 'google' a question on how to convert the file for that program. that might give you a clue on how to do it. i can certainly relate to your frustration as i was where you are a few years ago.

congrats on the SL-1000R and best wishes and the picture p[osting.

thanks !

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
The Technics SL-1000R is a fine combo. Michael is, obviously, happier with a $30-50k tonearm on it, that can be very easily mounted on it. The Bergmann Odin is a tonearm that I'm curious to hear on the Technics, as I know it's absolutely fantastic on Bergmann's own Galder.

Mine is with Technics arm...

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Thanks Mike Lavigne.

I always post jpg files - usually I scale size to around 1000 -1200 pixels with Irfanview and never had any refusal.

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Thanks for your help to post picture.
I will try later...

Reactions: lordcloud and hogen

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Sorry for the delay.
I use the ortofon headshell lh 9000.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing