Taiko Tana-LPS-Setchi---listening

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
It is an entirely different mode of action, therefor incomparable. I can see how you would be inclined to think "a platform is a platform", but it works the other way around.
Emile, I do get they work in different ways. I'm curious as to the SQ differences that might result, and how this might free up Stacore duties for my cdp. I'll also try Daiza direct under cdp w transformer on Stacore as presently. I'm not too bothered by the physics, just the overall effect.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I have tried to explain this to Marc several times.

I have also advised that his balanced transformer that is vibrating a lot and humming should be “fixed” at source before trying to drain out this vibration. It is one thing draining the problem - the solution is that but clearly also to REMOVE the vibration in the toroid in the first place....
I can't disagree w you.

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
Double Daiza’d in Hengelo

Yesterday was the first chance that Emile had to turn on the system after our travels in the USA.

A flurry of WhatsApp texts from Emile and Ted, and I felt compelled to drive to Hengelo to hear what’s going on

I was absolutely gobsmacked, such a uplift in resolution, clarity, texture of instruments from bass to high treble from when the system was single Daiza’d

One week of settling in was not enough, but after 3 weeks, Wow

9583D883-C81D-43EE-A2A0-59308B0864F0.jpeg

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Can’t resist.
CA74754D-1CA6-459F-83E1-67FDECBD17FE.jpeg

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

Yesterday was the first chance that Emile had to turn on the system after our travels in the USA.

A flurry of WhatsApp texts from Emile and Ted, and I felt compelled to drive to Hengelo to hear what’s going on

I was absolutely gobsmacked, such a uplift in resolution, clarity, texture of instruments from bass to high treble from when the system was single Daiza’d

View attachment 58116

Is this your new listening room, guys?

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

View attachment 58116
I hate that the French is right.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Is this your new listening room, guys?

It's the current one at our workshop in Hengelo. We're building a new one at my home as the power quality in the industrial area here is a serious handicap, limiting serious listening to evenings and weekends.

It's a fairly nice size at 13' high, 19' wide, 75' long. We're not going to use the entire length. It needs some work though, right now it's been fully stripped, the floor will go in first now, layered concrete in different densities.

file-7.jpeg

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
It's the current one at our workshop in Hengelo. We're building a new one at my home as the power quality in the industrial area here is a serious handicap, limiting serious listening to evenings and weekends.

It's a fairly nice size at 13' high, 19' wide, 75' long. We're not going to use the entire length. It needs some work though, right now it's been fully stripped, the floor will go in first now, layered concrete in different densities.

View attachment 58162

It looks really nice imho.

Maybe consider a humongous battery based system behind a false wall to get you off grid altogether?

Reactions: Taiko Audio

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
It looks really nice imho.

Maybe consider a humongous battery based system behind a false wall to get you off grid altogether?

Thank you. It will have a spacious utility room for experimentation. We have solar power there but I'm not sure if that is going to be a curse or a blessing. 3 separate powerlines so we have options. It's a small village with 1800 residents, no industry, no shopping centre, low grid pollution and a low vibration environment.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Thank you. It will have a spacious utility room for experimentation. We have solar power there but I'm not sure if that is going to be a curse or a blessing. 3 separate powerlines so we have options. It's a small village with 1800 residents, no industry, no shopping centre, low grid pollution and a low vibration environment.

Oh sorry I meant for your factory showroom as a second option.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

View attachment 58162

Will you comply with Winstom Ma list?

First of all, the foundation of the room was designed to be built on an absolute solid ground. It was constructed in the follow ways:

1. 4’ concrete wall to form the basin of the foundation. Inner sides of the wall are covered with a special wood-based soft board forming an effective isolation from outside vibration and resonance.

2. The ground of the foundation was machine compressed, then filled with 1st layer of rough gravels, 2nd layer of fine gravel, third layer of rough sand, and fourth layer of fine sand, all machine-compressed.

3. Then cover with special 2” foam which can stand tones of weight and can last for 25 years.

4. Finally, on top of the foam is 6” of reinforced concrete block to achieve solid, no ringing but live floor for clean and solid bass performance.

http://www.stereopal.com/HomeVisit/WinstonMa.htm

rugyboogie

May 30, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Compressed sand will wick moisture upwards towards the underside of the slab should any water be present. Gravel then filtercloth then sand ok.
Compaction can reach to a proctor level of 110% if time is spent on compaction, and compactor is large enough.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Compressed sand will wick moisture upwards towards the underside of the slab should any water be present. Gravel then filtercloth then sand ok.
Compaction can reach to a proctor level of 110% if time is spent on compaction, and compactor is large enough.

We do have high groundwater levels in the area. What they usually do in these parts is 1ft+ of foamed concrete equalling water in sand density to simulate equal pressure. If you apply multiple layers of shock absorbing foamed concrete in different thicknesses/densities you get a vibration resilient foundation. I'm just going to go for that, and see how it measures after :)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
The French just called me. Can you imagine I was standing in the open infront of Matthius Church Budapest and he just needed me to say he was right about the Daiza. 20191101_110840.jpg

Have a great trip and safe driving Emile.

Tang :)

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
The French just called me. Can you imagine I was standing in the open infront of Matthius Church Budapest and he just needed me to say he was right about the Daiza.

Have a great trip and safe driving Emile.

Tang :)

Thanks! Did you take that with an iPhone 11? I'm impressed with the detail levels in the photo!

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Thanks! Did you take that with an iPhone 11? I'm impressed with the detail levels in the photo!
Samsung S10. But it is really my photography skill Emile ;).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing