Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Does that mean a Stromtank would be a good match with the Extreme.
Well that does not negate the influence of powercords / fuses, and it’s not as purist as directly running of batteries skipping a DC to AC conversion in the Stromtank and a AC to DC conversion in the Extreme.

John T

Feb 15, 2022
I love this concept! But when will it actually come to fruition? How far away are we for this to happen? John

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Nice to see that the current Extreme will remain the top model as-is, and the new “Extreme Jr.” will offer a lower price point and allow more enthusiasts to experience the platform. Well Done, Team Taiko!

John T

Feb 15, 2022
Forgive me for my limited capacity! lots of stuff here to digest. Will the original Taiko Extreme eventually be able to be powered by battery?? John

John T

Feb 15, 2022
Thank You

Reactions: Taiko Audio

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Forgive me for my limited capacity! lots of stuff here to digest. Will the original Taiko Extreme eventually be able to be powered by battery?? John

If you convert an original Extreme to a 2 box battery one do you plan to leave the original case as is, remove the current PS and have a 2nd box with the battery? (Thanks @nenon ).

Last edited:

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
Nice to see that the current Extreme will remain the top model as-is, and the new “Extreme Jr.” will offer a lower price point and allow more enthusiasts to experience the platform. Well Done, Team Taiko!
My take from Emile was different on this. It sounds like the original Extreme case design is going to go up significantly in expense, and that this "panel-wise" component build is an effort to reduce these galloping costs and preserve the original price point. Not sure it brings it down for broader affordability.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
My take from Emile was different on this. It sounds like the original Extreme case design is going to go up significantly in expense, and that this "panel-wise" component build is an effort to reduce these galloping costs and preserve the original price point. Not sure it brings it down for broader affordability.

correct

Alex G

Feb 1, 2021
California
@Taiko Audio if I am following along:

For existing owners, we will need to replace our existing PSUs with the new one, and Taiko will be selling a battery supply in a separate chassis and this will be available in several months? So switch/network, XDMS, and now this will all be available in the next several months? Sign me up...

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012

For existing owners, we will need to replace our existing PSUs with the new one, and Taiko will be selling a battery supply in a separate chassis and this will be available in several months? So switch/network, XDMS, and now this will all be available in the next several months? Sign me up...
And it's all free if you ask nicely!:D

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012

Define "need". In the audiophile sense, of course.

Steve

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing