Taiko Audio Extreme Router

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Quite curious. Before the Router update I had never lost the Taiko network. After the update I already have two, one yesterday and one today. The network is lost and the Taiko router must be turned off and turned on after a waiting time. Sometimes it enters on the first attempt, other times you have to repeat this operation several times.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Quite curious. Before the Router update I had never lost the Taiko network. After the update I already have two, one yesterday and one today. The network is lost and the Taiko router must be turned off and turned on after a waiting time. Sometimes it enters on the first attempt, other times you have to repeat this operation several times.

Please open a support ticket (e-mail or whatsapp) at support@taikoaudio.com so we can investigate.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Reactions: Taiko Audio

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
In this case, it did not request a solution to the problem, it only informed the group of a malfunction of the update.
By the way, it seems that it has to do with connecting to the Router, iPad and Windows Laptop at the same time.

kyoya78

Apr 2, 2020
Japan
TAIKO Router has finally arrived in Japan.
Although it was not so easy to activate Wi-Fi,
I rebooted the TAIKO Switch, Extreme, and Router several times, enabling it without a hitch.

When I accessed the router using IE on the Extreme, the display was corrupted, and the settings could not be saved.

So I installed Chrome, and now the layout is correct, and settings can be saved.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
TAIKO Router has finally arrived in Japan.
Although it was not so easy to activate Wi-Fi,
I rebooted the TAIKO Switch, Extreme, and Router several times, enabling it without a hitch.

When I accessed the router using IE on the Extreme, the display was corrupted, and the settings could not be saved.

So I installed Chrome, and now the layout is correct, and settings can be saved.

Hi @kyoya78 ,

The Internet Explorer which is installed on the Extreme is part of Windows and is used to render contents of certain screens, mainly in the settings apps. It’s a barebone old version and indeed not very suitable for browsing external internet content although it can be used for download links if needed.

If you must install an internet browser we recommend to use “Firefox portable” as that does not install additional background services which deteriorate sound quality. So I’d recommend removing Chrome, make sure you also remove the additional background services it installs for keeping Chrome up to date and download firefox portable. Feel free to contact support@taikoaudio.com to assist if necessary.

Reactions: kyoya78

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Router ordered!

Looking forward to also hearing (and seeing) what it does for my Apple TV “X” (https://www.appletvx.com/).
I will be using port forward to access XDMS from my Eero Max 7. If Eero ever allows Wi-Fi to be turned off, I will probably do that and use the Router’s built-in Wi-Fi.

You can use the Router’s built-in Wi-Fi without disabling the Eero’s Wi-Fi.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Router ordered!

Looking forward to also hearing (and seeing) what it does for my Apple TV “X” (https://www.appletvx.com/).
I will be using port forward to access XDMS from my Eero Max 7. If Eero ever allows Wi-Fi to be turned off, I will probably do that and use the Router’s built-in Wi-Fi.

Do you plan on turning off the Apple TV when you listen to music or does it go to sleep when you aren’t watching video content?

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Do you plan on turning off the Apple TV when you listen to music or does it go to sleep when you aren’t watching video content?
I keep the ATVX on all the time. I will unplug its ethernet from the Router. Currently, I do not, however - both the ATVX and the Switch are connected to the Eero.

Christiaan Punter

Right, thanks; but I do not want another wifi signal in the room. Wouldn’t it be better to just use port-forwarding and control XDMS from an iPad that connects to the Eero?
For the Extreme SQ, it should not matter, but please feel free to switch the Eero Wi-Fi off.

Reactions: Zeotrope

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I have NSM. Ed loaded it literally in 5 minutes. I was in another room and the system came on after Ed chose an album. I said to Ed, thinking it would take longer for him to load NSM, "Ed this must be NSM already (from the other room).

NSM (in my system) is not better than XDMS or Roon. It is an entirely different experience. As much as a different room or a different system. A MUCH better room or a MUCH better room.

Have to listen and get my head around it. You could tell from the first notes FROM THE OTHER ROOM.

BRAVO AGAIN to Emile/ED/TEAM!!!!!

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Starting to get my head around NSM. The bass is SO prodigious as in bulk and causing amazement or wonder, that I would think in certain systems speaker placement and other adjustments (especially if subs are in the system) will have to be adjusted to accommodate the new found bass. If you don't have subs, you will think you got new subs when NSM is played.

Clarity in midrange and upper frequencies are startling. The vocals along with the bass stand out to the point where it's hard to imagine that you are really hearing what you are hearing.

NSM is EVERYTHING that it was predicted to be. imho. ymmv (but I doubt it:)

Edit- Qobuz/Tidal sound far better than files sounded with XDMS or Roon via NSM. Hard to believe that streaming is playing. Files sound amazing BUT a well recorded album coming from Qobuz/Tidal sound so good that you really think it has to be a file playing. This is the biggest surprise for me.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Starting to get my head around NSM. The bass is SO prodigious as in bulk and causing amazement or wonder, that I would think in certain systems speaker placement and other adjustments (especially if subs are in the system) will have to be adjusted to accommodate the new found bass. If you don't have subs, you will think you got new subs when NSM is played.

Clarity in midrange and upper frequencies are startling. The vocals along with the bass stand out to the point where it's hard to imagine that you are really hearing what you are hearing.

NSM is EVERYTHING that it was predicted to be. imho. ymmv (but I doubt it:)

Edit- Qobuz/Tidal sound far better than files sounded with XDMS or Roon via NSM. Hard to believe that streaming is playing. Files sound amazing BUT a well recorded album coming from Qobuz/Tidal sound so good that you really think it has to be a file playing. This is the biggest surprise for me.
Totally agree Bob

Tough to believe but the difference is immediately apparent and when I listened streaming was superb and the format whether it be streamed or from my library, simply did not matter Personally I have to really concentrate to say that I might hear a difference between streaming and my internal library but honestly I am no longer certain that I can. The depth and scope of NSM is so enormous that I just sit there listening and could care less what format or whether it is streamed or from my library. I agree with Bob that the bass uptick was most unexpected

As the saying goes, "it's all about the music" and a brief listen will confirm that NSM is truly on the brink of entering uncharted territory in the digital domain. With the biggest sonic uptick (BPS) hopefully being announced by Emile tomorrow will be the icing on the cake. Vinyl still rules supreme but NSM is so good that it is truly difficult for me to extricate my butt from the listening position

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Like Bob I continue to be amazed about the bass presentation and my go to file that I have used for over 20 years for deep bass sound the best I have heard in this e 20 years. I refer to "Duende" by Black Light Syndrome, specifically between 17-33 seconds into the file. The tightness of the deep bass has never sounded as good as it does now. It has been my reference for over 20 years. XDMS has brought the bass much better in that brief 16 seconds but NSM has all the secret sauce to make it the best I have ever heard that short segment

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing