System Performance Slow

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hello everyone. If you look at the home page, you see that we currently have 11,000 users on our system!!! Of course that is not real. It is a large swarm of computers banging on our site to slow it. Performance has suffered some but still pretty usable.

If you hit a button and it sits there waiting, you may want to hit it again after 4-5 seconds.

Last time this took a couple of days to go away. So we may have to deal with it for that long again until whoever is doing this gets bored or exhausts the money that was given to them to do this.

Thanks,
WBF Admin

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk
Hello everyone. If you look at the home page, you see that we currently have 11,000 users on our system!!! Of course that is not real. It is a large swarm of computers banging on our site to slow it. Performance has suffered some but still pretty usable.

If you hit a button and it sits there waiting, you may want to hit it again after 4-5 seconds.

Last time this took a couple of days to go away. So we may have to deal with it for that long again until whoever is doing this gets bored or exhausts the money that was given to them to do this.

Thanks,
WBF Admin

Feel my wrath!
Not bored yet, only getting started.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015

Thanks,
WBF Admin

They are all here for the mulitbit DSD vs PCM thread. I see many over in Blizzards corner as well :)

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Yes, great way for the servants to feel like King of Audio that I am for a couple of days.....

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk
Yes, great way for the servants to feel like King of Audio that I am for a couple of days.....

Don't worry my lord just testing the defences.... Honest.

How was your foot rub?

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk
Still waiting for a good one by virgins in a tropical island....

Oh I thought an innocent looking girl with experience was best of both worlds... A thousand apologies my gracious King.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Amir, do you know the real reason of this happening?
=> "Most users ever online was 11,665, Today at 05:13 AM"

________

* Spaz, where is your "horse" avatar?

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk

* Spaz, where is your "horse" avatar?

Keeping a low profile ;)

Don't worry the second coming of the horse will be even more fantastic looking...

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
=> "Most users ever online was 11,665, Today at 05:13 AM"
I know the reason. As i mentioned, some rouge entity is banging on the forum hoping to slow it down. The motivation behind it is unknown.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
It's been fine the last hour or so.......

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I though I was being punished for suggesting his highness take a vacation
A thousand pardons
BTW Your highness ,you do realize you are naked.

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk
I though I was being punished for suggesting his highness take a vacation
A thousand pardons
BTW Your highness ,you do realize you are naked.
If it's the Kings wish to parade his Royal majesty in full glory as god intended far be it for his common subjects to oppose his will, glorious be the sacred appendage.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
If it's the Kings wish to parade his Royal majesty in full glory as god intended far be it for his common subjects to oppose his will, glorious be the sacred appendage.

I'm not a commoner. Off with his head.!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Accepted.

You are confusing a King with an Emperor. Servants are forgiven for lack of education to tell the difference.
I understand the the difference. I am not a servant,but a memeber of the court.
Looks like I gave you apromotion.

spazmatron

Banned
Dec 4, 2015
Somerset, uk
I'm not a commoner. Off with his head.!
As long as your practices of law don't contravene the interests of the crown I will humour your claims of high standing.

Earl spazmatron.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing