Symphony 13 from horns by Autotech

Audio Addict

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2016
Central Illinois
Does anyone have experience with hORNs from AUTO-TECH? I have been talking with my Aries Cerat dealer and distributor about a good matching speaker and they strongly recommend the Symphony 13 from hORNs. So much so they suggested it would be the speaker if you were stranded on a desert island.

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
Does anyone have experience with hORNs from AUTO-TECH? I have been talking with my Aries Cerat dealer and distributor about a good matching speaker and they strongly recommend the Symphony 13 from hORNs. So much so they suggested it would be the speaker if you were stranded on a desert island.
Hello ,
I have some experience with some of their speakers.
I used to own the Universum mk iv. and it was a magnificent speaker.
very very 3d, big and wide presentation. it was well balanced and very delicate sounding compared to other Horns base speakers in those prices. I had some single ended amps back then pairing with it, and it was very nice. maybe the best mid and tweeter i ever heard from those kinds of speakers... bass could be a lot better though, but it was decent.
it has 15" firing to the ground... It swallows a lot of current but don't have the miles to get you slam and attack.
it was a LOT better then lat say an Avantgarde duo or such, but need space to use.

After saying that, unfortunately I would not advise any of their other speakers' designs. no one of them was as good or even close to what the Universum could achieve. YMMV.

Last edited:

Dasmania

Feb 14, 2021
I can comment on the Symphony 13s . See my avatar photo! This speaker is all anyone could need. I have Alsyvox,Bayzs, YG, and more. They are sympatico with my Jadis, CH, Msb amps and are amazingly musical. It becomes complete with the Kan Lab sound super tweeter and JL audio subs. Gotta go to the 300K avant garde trio with bass hornsoran MBLEtreme to better

Audio Addict

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2016
Central Illinois
I can comment on the Symphony 13s . See my avatar photo! This speaker is all anyone could need. I have Alsyvox,Bayzs, YG, and more. They are sympatico with my Jadis, CH, Msb amps and are amazingly musical. It becomes complete with the Kan Lab sound super tweeter and JL audio subs. Gotta go to the 300K avant garde trio with bass hornsoran MBLEtreme to better.
Thank you so much. I did take my dealer's and distributor's advice and ordered a pair finished in Lamborghini darkest black for the cabinet and Lamborghini dark grey for the horn. The compression driver for the horn is upgraded to a beryllium driver from the standard titanium with a corresponding upgrade to over for the driver upgrade.

• Love
Reactions: Dasmania

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Thank you so much. I did take my dealer's and distributor's advice and ordered a pair finished in Lamborghini darkest black for the cabinet and Lamborghini dark grey for the horn. The compression driver for the horn is upgraded to a beryllium driver from the standard titanium with a corresponding upgrade to over for the driver upgrade.
If I may enquire … Who is your Aries Cerat dealer ?

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
I used to own the Universum mk iv. and it was a magnificent speaker.
very very 3d, big and wide presentation. it was well balanced and very delicate sounding compared to other Horns base speakers in those prices. I had some single ended amps back then pairing with it, and it was very nice. maybe the best mid and tweeter i ever heard from those kinds of speakers... bass could be a lot better though, but it was decent.

I am curious Aviad , As an Aries Cerat dealer you make no mention of any of Aries ‘s own horn speakers ?

Reactions: Audio Addict

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
I am curious Aviad , As an Aries Cerat dealer you make no mention of any of Aries ‘s own horn speakers ?
not yet, maybe someday in the future... for now i am constraining on their electronic and other speakers brands.
no doubt their speakers are on my wish list! especially the "Aurora". as its the only one i can see fitting Israel living areas.
i will day dream about an order if i may ;)

Reactions: Argonaut

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
congrats!
hope you like them!

Reactions: Audio Addict

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
The Reference Symphony 13s were installed today. Out of the boxes the bass is much better than I would have thought possible.

View attachment 127259
nice system! You have Concero 25, Helene and Incito S? or is that Kassandra II and Impera below the monos?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing