Studer a807 arrived

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
As the Studer a807 arrived in perfect working condition my American friend ATR 102 is no longer alone, he has got a fitting European company :)

Now, I will get more into getting my favorite albums on tape as well new surprising recordings that started cropping up. Vinyl is still my first choice as I have thousands of incredible performances not just sound.

Still, yesterday I was listening to a classic I enjoy after all those years, The Folk Singer and the tape topped everything I had (33rpm, 45rpm, dsd). Me and my wife were stunned and felt like sitting at the Chess studio listening to this great set! There are about 50 favourite albums of mine which are also popular and are also on tape (classical, jazz an blues). There are also great new tapes from the likes of Ultra Analogue or Zavalinka Records from Moscow. I think it is now -more than ever- a great time to get more into tape!

Attachments

• IMG_5097.JPG
    IMG_5097.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 78
Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
congrats from Norway
my bet is placed on that the Folk Singer tape experience will repeat itself for eternity.....:cool:
enjoy

maurizio_m!

Sep 22, 2015
Congratulations on the new arrival ..... what are the sonic differences between the two ??
Enjoy

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Thanks to everyone. I kept the Studer for playback and sent the ATR 102 to a dealer friend of mine. He will be copying tapes with it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing