Status of MIT Cables

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Anyone have any insight?

Website appears offline.

Last update was in 2021.

@Scott W are you still a dealer? If so, any news that you can share.

Last edited:

audioguy3107

Jul 30, 2018
Atlanta, Ga
I wasn’t aware of their website or anything but I’ve been wondering that too lately, they seem to be forgotten as of late in the publications and I can’t recall seeing them at the last AXPONA either. My first high end set of speaker cables was a pair of MIT Terminator 2 biwires. Good memories!

- Buck

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
Anyone have any insight?

Website appears offline.

Last update was in 2021.

@Scott W are you still a dealer? If so, any news that you can share.
Hi Michael,
I am still an MIT dealer. And I placed an order about two weeks ago and have been told that the factory was working on it and should ship soon. I do know that the facility Bruce opened in Las Vegas is being moved to Reno. Maybe this has something to do with the website being down. I will investigate this further and keep you guys posted.
Regards,
Scott

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hi, Scott. It's been a while. I know that they have downgraded, if you will, to a much smaller place and from what I have gathered tonight? The latest is that there are plenty of dealers that have stock. That said, It would be my thought that the website is simply down.

A company such as this (IMO) would/should have plenty of articles, posts and information that is was headed South. Not just a post that inquired about it....after the fact.

I reserve the right to be incorrect.

Tom

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Hi Michael,
I am still an MIT dealer. And I placed an order about two weeks ago and have been told that the factory was working on it and should ship soon. I do know that the facility Bruce opened in Las Vegas is being moved to Reno. Maybe this has something to do with the website being down. I will investigate this further and keep you guys posted.
Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott,

Good to hear from you. I wasn’t aware that they moved. I hope all is well with Bruce and team.

I saw a video from Jay (Jay’s Audio Lab) a few weeks ago in which he teased a forthcoming video interview with the MIT owner ( I assumed he was referring to Bruce)

Jay's Audio Lab is suppose to be reviewing the ACC 266 rev2 on his XVXs.

That prompted me to check out MIT and see what if anything is new.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott W

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
Hi, Scott. It's been a while. I know that they have downgraded, if you will, to a much smaller place and from what I have gathered tonight? The latest is that there are plenty of dealers that have stock. That said, It would be my thought that the website is simply down.

A company such as this (IMO) would/should have plenty of articles, posts and information that is was headed South. Not just a post that inquired about it....after the fact.

I reserve the right to be incorrect.

Tom
Hi Tom,
I agree and I will relay any information as soon as I get it.
Scott

Reactions: treitz3

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
I wasn’t aware of their website or anything but I’ve been wondering that too lately, they seem to be forgotten as of late in the publications and I can’t recall seeing them at the last AXPONA either. My first high end set of speaker cables was a pair of MIT Terminator 2 biwires. Good memories!

- Buck

MIT used to the reference of Mr. Harley of the TAS. However, it appears that Audioquest Dragon is his new reference for speaker and interconnect cables.

I emailed him a year or two ago and inquired if he would be reviewing the “V2” of the ACC 266 and the respective interconnects, which I believe are also an MA-XSHD rev2 or v2.

No response. I don’t read or susrbibe to TAS but, when I did MIT didn’t advertise. Whereas Audioquest is everywhere…

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
All is well at MIT and, as has been the case for the last few years, business is booming. The website is down because of a miscommunication between the website providers billing department and MIT. MIT is working feverishly with the website provider and expects to have it back up and running soon, but it appears it is not just a matter of turning something back on, but new programming has to be done.

Reactions: Long Live Analog

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
This was posted by MIT on Facebook;

Greetings from MIT Cables.

We wanted to give everyone an update on what is happening at MIT. First, we want to thank everyone for their support as we are in the process of making some changes.

As you have probably noticed, our website www.mitcables.com has been down for a week or so. We had some issues with the host that we had been using for our website connecting with WordPress and are in the process of moving over to a new host. We hope that we have that up and running within the next week.

Some of you may have heard that we are in the process of moving our factory. We wanted to let everyone know that we have successfully completed the move of factory to Reno, Nevada. Along with this move, we have added more inventory as well as invested in High-Tech automated test and measurement equipment aimed at improving QA & QC while still being proudly Built in the U.S.A.

Because many of the parts we demand have become difficult to purchase, we are very excited about this increase in inventory along with the addition of our new equipment, as this will vastly improve our turnaround times for orders while improving the quality of our products.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at info@mitcables.com

MIT Cable

Added by me.

I am happy to help with your MIT needs.

Scott
Supra HiFi

Reactions: kennyb123

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing