Speaker cables experiences with VSA / Endeavor speakers

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
I know that Masterbuilt cables are generally recommended for VSA and Endeavor speakers, but would there be a recommendation for anything a bit more wallet friendly? Looking for the experience of others here. One thing I was advised of by Leif is not to use silver speaker cables with Endeavors (not sure if that extends to all VSA speakers). He recommended sticking with copper cables. I'm hoping to keep the cost to about $50/foot, hopefully with giving me performance close to what I've heard VSA's sounding like with Masterbuilt cables. I know, probably a foolish hope, but a hope nonetheless. Amp is a Pass X250.8.

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
I plan to, but near as I can tell from the website, even the Performance series are well above my desired price point.

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
I plan to, but near as I can tell from the website, even the Performance series are well above my desired price point.
Let me talk to MasterBuilt and see if they can still build the Purple Line Cables. They are much less than the Performance Line

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
Thank you Leif (and Steve).

QuadDiffuser

VIP/Donor
Apr 2, 2017
Hong Kong
I’m a huge fan of Iconoclast signal and speaker cables. You’ll be one too, if you’re scientifically-minded, and open-minded to home auditions (via 30-day money-back guarantees, especially apt for today’s Covid-19 home-incarceration reality).

The information on the following forum/thread may be like drinking from a fire hose, so one can also sip gradually through a straw but a large-screen device will be needed:

https://forum.psaudio.com/t/belden-iconoclast-interconnects-and-speaker-cabling/2038

Last edited:

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
I mentioned the Iconoclasts to Leif at this year’s FLAX. I agree they are worth seeking out.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing