Sony PS HX500 vs AT LP120

Jo1976

Nov 24, 2017
Hi all...

You probably get this a lot but I've not had a decent TT for years...I'm taking advantage of Black Friday and have found a Sony PS HX500 for £223 and an AT LP120 for £183...(GBP)

I don't have a big budget, even the AT is a bit out of my price range but if the Sony is hugely better then I can stretch to buy it.

I'm not worried about the high res conversion, I want it primarily for listening to my vinyl, not my iPod.

There aren't any comparison reviews for these 2 TTs so I've come to ask you knowledgeable people what you think :)

Also, and this is really cheap, but like I said, I've got budget restraints - I've got a set of Logitech z506 surround speakers, would these be compatible until I can afford something better? Am I presuming correctly that the Sony is ready to go with powered speakers like the AT is, or do I need a pre amp? I've only ever owned hi-fi stack systems :D

Thanks guys for your help!
Jo

Jo1976

Nov 24, 2017

About us

• Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing