Thanks.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I've got that Sony Bravia, the AE1 65 inch in the video, upstairs in my rec room in my barn above my 2 channel room.

love it. had it for 5 months. astonishing picture, quite good sound with the screen speakers. has worked perfectly. superlative look and build quality.

highly recommended.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Heh, Heh, that guy in the youtube vid really hates OLED.

willgall

Jun 12, 2011
I have had the Sony 77" OLED for a few months now, and it has been problem-free. It replaced a 60" Pioneer Kuro plasma that I had had for 9 years. The OLED is definitely brighter, and works much better in a room where the lighting cannot be controlled. There is a little motion artifact on fast motion, but not a truly bothersome amount.

As is usually the case, my wife complained that the new TV was too large, and that it dominates the room. However, once she watches The Voice on it a few times, she stops complaining.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I have had the Sony 77" OLED for a few months now, and it has been problem-free. It replaced a 60" Pioneer Kuro plasma that I had had for 9 years. The OLED is definitely brighter, and works much better in a room where the lighting cannot be controlled. There is a little motion artifact on fast motion, but not a truly bothersome amount.

As is usually the case, my wife complained that the new TV was too large, and that it dominates the room. However, once she watches The Voice on it a few times, she stops complaining.

Did you find motion blur on the Kuro plasma better handled than on the Sony OLED?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_blur

* 77" Class OLED, wow. Awesome that your wife appreciates it too, now.
Watch 'La La Land' on UHD Blu-ray with her on your 77" Sony OLED.

willgall

Jun 12, 2011
I did not notice the motion issue at all on the Kuro.

As is typical with any new TV technology, we need for the available content to catch up. Pretty limited 4k content at this point.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
the LG 65" OLED is only $2300 this week at Amazon. Yowsers

The B7 model. Did you watch that video from the second post? :b
@ the beginning he mentioned the LG B6 and E6, last year models but very similar to this year models.

I did not notice the motion issue at all on the Kuro.

As is typical with any new TV technology, we need for the available content to catch up. Pretty limited 4k content at this point.

I believe plasma is better in that department...600Hz.

I agree; 4K content of QUALITY is limited.
___

? http://realorfake4k.com/
? http://realorfake4k.com/faq/

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
LG makes not only the OLED panels for Sony but also for Panasonic (Canada and Europe).

The Panasonic OLED is highly rated in Europe; some say it's the best.
The Sony A1E OLED has a fantastic video processor, the 4K HDR Processor X1™ Extreme.
The new LG OLED TVs are good deals this Friday.

I admit, the young guy in the three videos that I posted on the previous page is funny.
He swears by Sony LED. But he does mention the A1E as the only OLED worth it.
On some sites the Sony A1E is rated number one.
On other sites the LG E7 is rated number one.

Either one is a good TV. The design might swing some people in one direction, the price in another.
The OP asked between Sony Bravia LED and OLED.
In my first reply I tried to provide some good links, and thereafter.
Personnally, I love the A1E OLED design, and it is one of the very best...if not the best.

And that guy from those videos he sure loves the less expensive Sony Bravia LED models. He swears a lot by them. :b
Many folks have the Sony X900E Series, and are happy; 900, 930, 940.

Last edited:

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I have the 75" Z9D LED model, and it's certainly wonderful. I'm sure the 77" OLED is at least as good, but the price.....

Lee

Same here. Bought it last November and now it is $3K less, but I can live with that. The picture is just awesome, and I haven’t even had it calibrated. That’s next.

willgall

Jun 12, 2011
I was able to buy the 77" Sony OLED from a local dealer for less than I could get the latest 77" LG from one of the online vendors. Not sure how it worked out that way, but it did. I traded having to pay sales tax for the peace of mind of having the dealer less than 10 miles from me, if there is a problem. Good luck trying to call the guy who you bought the TV from, located 2000 miles away, if you have an issue, even right out of the box. There certainly are some good online vendors, but some are pretty shady.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I was able to buy the 77" Sony OLED from a local dealer for less than I could get the latest 77" LG from one of the online vendors. Not sure how it worked out that way, but it did. I traded having to pay sales tax for the peace of mind of having the dealer less than 10 miles from me, if there is a problem. Good luck trying to call the guy who you bought the TV from, located 2000 miles away, if you have an issue, even right out of the box. There certainly are some good online vendors, but some are pretty shady.

It reads like you're a very wise man.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing