Some really nice film-TV props coming under auction end of this month

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
I have to say I do follow a few of these and owned/own a couple of nice items myself, but there are some pretty special ones coming up this time.
Spock's costume, various classic James Bond related such as Scaramanga's gun, complete Ken Watanabe Last Samurai costume, Lord of the Rings, Emperor Gladiator outfit, some original Star Wars props, one of the original Superman film tunics, Back to the Future, etc
Some hefty selling items I would say in the list, but who knows maybe something will catch your eye :)
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/auctionbucket/la2015/catalog.pdf

Cheers
Orb

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Wow, so much I would like to own in there, especially since my HT will have a Sci-Fi Theme.

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Yeah some of those rarely come up.
But I think the wife/girlfriend could be un-impressed depending what one buys :)
Cheers
Orb

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
We have an understanding I our home, the garage and Audio Room/HT what I say goes, the rest of the house what she says goes. Thankfully we have close to the same tastes.
No chance of me coming home to a country shabby chic home.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Yesterday, when I downloaded that pdf file link, it took a little while...few minutes.
Then I strutted around (slowly scrolling down) and observing the items offered for auction.*
It was interesting to read some of the texts accompanying some funny movie props, from yesteryears...movie majic.

The prices were in line with our movie industry...outrageous. ...And without popcorn and beverage.

Fun stuff.

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Some of those items are prestige/iconic collector items, I am just glad there is not more Dark Crystal puppets for auction; depending upon the character/design I could had been pressing buttons to the annoyance of the other half :)
And well I got a feeling Scaramanga's gun is going to go for a fortune, along with Spock's outfit, but this is WhatsBest.

Northstar, the prices are probably about right; you should see the price for one of the best replicated Nazgul armour outfits (so was not used or linked to the actual film prop), was over £5k a few years back.
Cheers
Orb

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing