[SOLD] Cello Palette Preamp/Eq - 9/10 condition

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I know I will regret selling this piece, just as I did with my Marantz 7c but my son's college fees are reaching fast so...

Absoloutly mint - some RCA in the input section have never been used, not a single scratch and equiped with the largest PSU.

I have never had a most musical sounding preamp, and have had quite a few including CAT, Reimyo, Gryphon and the like - this is just another level in terms of transparency and versatility.

The EQ is flawless - and is the only known EQ that does not mess the signal a bit - forget about listening just a few of your record colection and restore the magic in all of them - it is that good.

Asking $13,000 - split shipping in pelican case.

Pics by mail for those serious to move forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
This Palette is the version with input selections that enables it to be not just an ultimate EQ but as a preamp. If one intends transferring old analog recordings to digital or dubbing special tapes with lack of sparkle or bass, it would an ideal tool to get the results one is looking for without damaging the original material.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Is it the latest version?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Are you selling a Palette Preamplifier or an Audio Palette?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Audio Palette MIB version with 4 inputs and large PSU.

Then you must ask Steve to change the thread tittle - people just browsing are getting the wrong idea, your unit is the Audio Palette MIV with discrete circuits and steeped attenuators. The Cello Palette preamplfier/equalizer was a much lower cost unit using ICs and potentiometers. I still keep the String Cello cables that I used with my old Audio Palette, now living in Japan.

You can get electronic versions of the manual here: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjY_qCz97LRAhVr7IMKHRdhBvEQFggaMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.matthew-james.net%2FCustomer-Content%2FWWW%2FCMS%2Ffiles%2Faudio-palette-owner-miv.pdf&usg=AFQjCNE_-ThSz3tDomP9l0xfoPb-90ZMuQ&bvm=bv.142059868,d.amc

cja

Jul 2, 2011
Hi, I'm interested in the Audio Palette. Can you send me pictures and let me it's serial numbe? Thank you. cja

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing