Snake oil sales, I think we have a winner!

Its as serious as the thread itself.

It's a joke, right?

Don, If it isn't it certainly should be:(.

Makes one wonder how gullible people really are though. The ONLY reason that I can see for someone to post these ads on A'gon and presumably pay for them is to a) to prey on the gullible or b) because that same someone has too much money and doesn't mind blowing money in the name of a joke.
I sure hope it is the latter:eek:.

Don, If it isn't it certainly should be:(.

Makes one wonder how gullible people really are though. The ONLY reason that I can see for someone to post these ads on A'gon and presumably pay for them is to a) to prey on the gullible or b) because that same someone has too much money and doesn't mind blowing money in the name of a joke.
I sure hope it is the latter:eek:.

C) It's a joke that never fails to pay for itself, then make a down payment on the next joke.

Tim

You have to love this guy:eek:...here's what he says in his latest ad: "HyperSpace is a crystal power conditioner that cleans multiple types of noise without adding any negative side effects. After you get this cable, your audio hobby may be completed and no further upgrades are needed."

Here's the full ad: http://app.audiogon.com/listings/coconut-audio-hyperspace-power-4m-ultra-high-end-custo

Which is now one of the featured ads, which are a higher price to insert than the standard ad....I guess I'm still missing something:(

Read the ad. Just a parody of the way piles talk about the experience of new pres and dacs and interconnects on the net every day. Not even that over the top. We could pull posts from here that are no more rational. If the guy would drop the price to $500 or so, he'd have a business model instead of a joke.

Tim

Read the ad. Just a parody of the way piles talk about the experience of new pres and dacs and interconnects on the net every day. Not even that over the top. We could pull posts from here that are no more rational. If the guy would drop the price to $500 or so, he'd have a business model instead of a joke.

Tim

I'm not sure I understand you, Tim:(
Are you saying that at a price that is more palatable, that ripping off consumer's is acceptable??:confused: That is, so long as the price is within line of what you think would be a "business model":confused:
I would have thought that at any price it's a joke, he has no "business model", unless that is you believe that fraud is a "business model" ( which to some it absolutely is..:()

I am sure this is NOT what you are saying....right:)

Please do clarify:cool:

What do you think ??
Another front page hit of the high tech coconut factory .
He has now put particle accelerator technologie into audioproducts and that for 1:10000000 of the price:D

atlas detector by andromeda61, on Flickr

ATLAS-300 by andromeda61, on Flickr

Item Description
A culmination of 11 years of intensive experimentation and research has resulted in our new VibraPortal Particle Acceleration Formula. Designed for maximum liquidity while sounding quick, airy and spaceous with a bigger soundstage. Retail price is $1295 and today it's released in auction!
The improvement in realism is so powerful that it can be heard with any audio signal, even on cheap laptop speakers listening to recorded speech. When using it for music, the liquidity and musicality is fantastic!
Compared to our uncolored Heaven's Gate, the Dolphin and its siblings have a certain flavor.
Winner of auction can choose between Blue, Yellow, Orange, Red or Purple. Brand NEW from factory!

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/coconut-audio-vibraportal-dolphin-particle-acceleration

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing