Simaudio p8 vs krell evo 202

apogee

Oct 5, 2013
Hi looking to upgrade my preamp (SIMAUDIO 5.3P)to eiter simaudio p8 or krell evo 202
Was tempted to for emm labs pre2
Thank you for your inputs
My sysrem consist of the following
Martin logan cls ii
Velodyne uld 15
Krell ksa 250
Simaudio 5.3p
Metrum hex dax
Marantz ud7007(as transport)
All cabling is transparent super mm
Thank you in advance

danielk141

Mar 13, 2012
I have not heard the Krell Evo gear. My friend had a complete Krell system with the KCT CD player, KCT preamp and FPB 700 amp.
All 3 pieces used the Krell CAST system. They sounded very good. The Evo 202 preamp looks great, I considered buying one.
I have no other Krell gear, so the CAST system was a feature I wouldn't use.
If you're going to upgrade in the future to a Krell CD player or amp using the CAST system, the Evo 202 is a great idea, in my opinion.
If not, its a feature you won't need or use...
Here's a Stereophile review featuring the CAST system:

https://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/1206krell/index.html

apogee

Oct 5, 2013
Thank you for your inputs,after more inquiry it will be between the simaudio and the emm labs
Thank you
Pierre

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing