SET amp owners thread

Audiolimits

Industry Expert
Dec 31, 2017
Laughlin,Nv
www.audiolimits.com
Please add a deal disclaimer so we understand your financial bias as it concerns your audio reviews.

Thank you.
Hi Jeff, I’m Im not sure what you mean? Ad a deal disclaimer. Where? I’m new to this forum stuff.
There will be an announcement coming. It will be above the Destination Audio Forums
that I have taken over distribution of Destination Audio. I am also the US distributor of Circle Labs and Hemingway Audio Cables as well.

Reactions: jeff1225

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Darrin, Click on your username at the top right hand of the main WBF page. In the drop down there is a "signature". Tap on that and then make a signature with what you want it to say. Look at my signature as an example.

BTW, congrats on Destination Audio. Great looking speakers and I guess the electronics as well are VG. Congrats!

Reactions: jeff1225

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Hi Jeff, I’m Im not sure what you mean? Ad a deal disclaimer. Where? I’m new to this forum stuff.
There will be an announcement coming. It will be above the Destination Audio Forums
that I have taken over distribution of Destination Audio. I am also the US distributor of Circle Labs and Hemingway Audio Cables as well.
Look at the signature below @Rhapsody and other dealer's posts, it shows what brands they retail or distribute. You should do this on all the forums you belong to and other forms of social media like Facebook and Instagram.

Reactions: Rhapsody

Audiolimits

Industry Expert
Dec 31, 2017
Laughlin,Nv
www.audiolimits.com
Darrin, Click on your username at the top right hand of the main WBF page. In the drop down there is a "signature". Tap on that and then make a signature with what you want it to say. Look at my signature as an example.

BTW, congrats on Destination Audio. Great looking speakers and I guess the electronics as well are VG. Congrats!
I must be missing something because I can’t find what you are talking about. I wonder if it’s because I’m on an iPhone? Maybe I need to do it from a computer?

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
I must be missing something because I can’t find what you are talking about. I wonder if it’s because I’m on an iPhone? Maybe I need to do it from a computer?
Signatures are hidden with a phone, at least they are on my IPhone.

Reactions: Audiolimits

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
It’s a bit of a trick on the phone. If you rotate your iPhone into landscape mode you’ll see everyone’s signatures field shown below the posts. Yes on a computer screen it will all just be displayed.

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
It’s a bit of a trick on the phone. If you rotate your iPhone into landscape mode you’ll see everyone’s signatures field shown below the posts. Yes on a computer screen it will all just be displayed.
Ah ha! I didn’t know that. That may be my last bit of education for 2023.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014

acousticsguru

Feb 17, 2014
Yes I sure am. I really like the sound of the Copper plates. Graphite plates sound good too but the copper is more my taste.
Nice, and I agree it's a matter of taste, having said that, it also seems to have to do with how low- or high-powered a GM70 amp is (a radio transmission tube that'll work with surprisingly low plate voltage).

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

Audiolimits

Industry Expert
Dec 31, 2017
Laughlin,Nv
www.audiolimits.com
Thank you! I think I got it.

Reactions: the sound of Tao

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Pnoe AER BD3b compare with Decware zen triode 2.5w, coincident Frankenstein mk2 8w, and border patrol with two power supplies 6w. Latter two are 300b. The border patrol with Sophia princess was less than the coincident with Genalex, but once the Genalex was moved over the border patrol was much better.

unfortunately demo was on digital. Will go back in a few months when he sets up analog

2325C95C-89AD-4213-A8C2-712FDF7B5152.jpeg

Last edited:

acousticsguru

Feb 17, 2014
Pnoe AER BD3b compare with decrease mom Decware zen triode, coincident Frankenstein mk2, and border patrol with two power supplies. Latter two are 300b. The border patrol with Sophia princess was less than the coincident with Genalex, but once the Genalex was moved over the border patrol was much better.

unfortunately demo was on digital. Will go back in a few months when he sets up analog

View attachment 123391
He’s still got the Altec Voice of the Theatre at the other end of the room, I hope?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
He’s still got the Altec Voice of the Theatre at the other end of the room, I hope?

that isn’t hiraga, it is his neighbour

Reactions: acousticsguru

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
B4D52433-6202-4532-A195-7F23BAC2F5A5.jpeg 6D945E52-68A9-4819-A455-9A01E4FE1701.jpeg

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hiraga’a room. Various 300bs from partridge, VAC, and wytech. He runs the WE on his own made amp. The analog is connected only to the WE

acousticsguru

Feb 17, 2014
that isn’t hiraga, it is his neighbour
Interesting: last time I visited (not supposed to use neighbor’s first name?) that’s where the Altecs were?! How do they even move this stuff when I’m hardly able to lift a tube amp, LOL! I’m surprised he got the Decware 25th Anniversary already, waiting list got even longer since I got mine.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Interesting: last I visited (not supposed to use neighbor’s first name?) that’s where the Altecs were?! How do they even move this stuff when I’m hardly able to lift a tube amp, LOL! I’m surprised he got the Decware 25th Anniversary already, waiting got even longer since I got mine.

this is not the 25th anniversary.

i don’t know which Altec you heard, there are many Altecs in France in the Hiraga group and each one sounds different

Reactions: acousticsguru

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Ok will check tomorrow maybe he was trying out one of Jeanir’s at that time

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing