Seattle-area Audiophiles...April 12th, 2012 - deHavilland Tubes, and Tapes all Night

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
Seattle-area Audiophiles...April 12th, 2012 - deHavilland Tubes, and Tapes all Night

Join us in April to meet Kara Chaffee and see her fabulous line of deHavilland HiFi tube gear. The evening will feature her Model 50A, 45 watt, triode-wired KT88 output stage, mono block amplifiers. She'll pair this with her UltraVerve 3 preamplifier features 100% hand wired point-to-point circuitry. It features the 6SN7 octal tube, and tube rectification using the 5AW4 / 5U4 rectifier.

To top it all off, Kara will also bring her Model 222 Vacuum Tube Magnetic Tape Playback Preamplifier, which we will pair with a reel-to-reel machine and reels from Bruce Brown's private stock at Puget Sound Studios.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I'll be bringing my modified A80RC 1/2" with a few choice tapes from the vault!

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Sounds like a promising evening. I have always been curious about both deHavilland and Genesis.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing