Searching for Sugarman

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I never knew of or anything about him growing up in the USA and that's a shame. What and amazing human being and I think we all can gain some levity from him.
I am interested to hear from those in this group from around the world that have grown up listening to him, his lyrics cut to the chase, no bullshit involved, so far ahead of anyone at the time in my opinion.
I highly suggest you watch this in its entirety if you have not already.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I never knew of or anything about him growing up in the USA and that's a shame. What and amazing human being and I think we all can gain some levity from him.
I am interested to hear from those in this group from around the world that have grown up listening to him, his lyrics cut to the chase, no bullshit involved, so far ahead of anyone at the time in my opinion.
I highly suggest you watch this in its entirety if you have not already.

I absolutely loved this docu.
IMHO a must see for every music lover :cool:

Reactions: flez007

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
What a mind blow to keep your day job for decades after persuing a music career, some random guy form South Africa hunts you down only to find out your a fu$%ing legend on another continent, go perform to sold out large venues with Beatles like fans screaming and yelling in said continent, go home and give all the money away to help others, dont keep a penny and go back to your day job demoing houses and living in the same tiny home you have lived in for the last 40 years with a wood burning stove for heat. He is either the definition of humble or mental. my judgment after watching is 95% the former.
Think about that for a minute or two, standing in a arena performing to raging sold out shows night after night, get on a plane fly home give the money away, go to bed, get up and go start knocking down dry wall the next day...damn!

Reactions: christoph

Direct Drive

Sep 16, 2020
East Anglia, UK
Great film. Remember seeing it when it was released. Very poignant.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing