Schnerzinger protectors

AtzkoEdddy300.jpg

Atzko Kohashi & Eddy Koopman Sketches

Used microphones:

Atzko (piano): Josephson C700S
Eddy (percussion): Josephson C700S, 2x Sonodore RCM-402, Josephson C617 & Josephson C700A

Used equipment:

Micpre's: Merging Horus
Microphone cables by AudioQuest & Mogami
Speakers (mixing): TAD Compact Evolution, Zellaton Plural Evo
Poweramp: Moon 760A
Recording & mixing headphones: Hifiman HE1000se / Sennheiser HD800S
All power cables and power conditioners by AudioQuest.
High-frequency interfering field elimination system by Schnerzinger

Reactions: 24bit
I've purchased this recording. Very clean and extended on both ends, super fast transients/dynamics. And available in 32bit DXD, the highest quality format I've heard - equal or better than DSD256.

I also recommend this recording by this label, it is one of the best piano recordings I've heard:

Juraj Stanik - I Wonder

Juraj300shadow.png
Check this one from the same label;

"It was a wonderful experience recording the Chris Maene Straight Strung Grand Piano. Each note has a wonderful clarity and timbre. This piano really sings. My guess is that because the strings are not crossed as on a normal grand piano, the sound of each string is free to ring out as it does not have to pass other strings above or below. The upper harmonic ringing from sympathetic strings, as one can faintly perceive on even the best of the traditional cross strung grands, is completely absent. And last but not least; the perfect placement of the lowest note completely to the left and the highest completely to the right is a sound engineer's dream come true.
Another dream come true was recording the beautiful 'wood' reverb in the old church. The sound of this church is really special. A normal stone church has a never ending brittle sustain that can be difficult to handle when recording but the sound in this little church is warm and lush with a gorgeous natural decay."

Frans de Rond

Reading this review from Hifi.nl I realize that the recording is also available on LP and SACD for those who might be interested.

The SACD (BODTG) and LP (Record Industry) each have their own unique characteristics, but neither outshines the other, which is quite an achievement. This release is sure to delight audiophile connoisseurs, as the sound positively captivates the discerning ear.
For his new album, Jeremy Olivier collaborated with keyboardist Mike Del Ferro, resulting in a collection of ten tracks that made the final cut. It took only two days in the studio to record everything, which is relatively short. This direct recording approach perfectly complements Jeremy's understated musical style, where his voice is as musical as his guitar. Del Ferro’s skilled hands on the keyboard and piano provide a subtle and refined backdrop.
The recording, mixing, and mastering were done using Josephson microphones, Schnerzinger and AudioQuest cables, tweaks, and power filters, and a Merging NADAC converter. The recording was mastered analog on an optimized Studer A80 tape recorder, and the monitors in the recording studio (Zellaton and MBL) and the reference turntable (Döhmann) for the vinyl version were of top-notch quality.
On …Where The Light Gets In[/I], Olivier, as mentioned, alternates between covers and his own compositions, with the latter being more influenced by his African roots. Despite this blend, the album remains balanced, and in fact, the variety enhances the flow necessary to keep a singer-songwriter album engaging. Just listen to tracks like "Fly Eagle Fly," followed by "Ntyilo," which is then succeeded by a refreshing, worldly version of The Police's hit "Message In A Bottle."
Jeremy's renditions of "Crazy Love" (Van Morrison) and Leonard Cohen's "Anthem" are truly impressive. The latter, in particular, seems ready for radio play. Personally, I find his vocal interpretation of "Over The Rainbow" (Arlen, Harburg) slightly less inspired, but overall, Jeremy successfully conveys emotion in his tracks.
Olivier's voice is pleasant, open, and subtly warm, which suits the intimate nature often associated with this genre. While he’s sometimes compared to Jason Mraz and Ed Sheeran, I believe he has a distinct sound that sets him apart. His guitar playing is equally pleasing, and his collaboration with Mike del Ferro feels natural and effortless. However, the album’s true highlight lies in its audiophile quality. Both the LP and hybrid SACD versions sound fantastic, with a slightly warm presentation, exquisite dynamic nuances, and a pleasing, organic foundation.
The high-end setup by the team behind the RAR label has undoubtedly contributed to this listening experience—it's pure enjoyment, no matter how you choose to listen. The SACD (BODTG) and LP (Record Industry) each have their own unique characteristics, but neither outshines the other, which is quite an achievement. This release is sure to delight audiophile connoisseurs, as the sound positively captivates the discerning ear.

Reactions: Hyperion

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu