Save the best for last or how Stavros shot me in the heart - Talos LE phono stage

vess

Nov 4, 2012
Sofia, Bulgaria
www.audio-bg.com
Hello,

Talos LE phono preamp entered our shop yesterday afternoon. After I missed to blow it up, thank to Stavros bulletproof or more likely idiot proof design of AC components, I lost my mind , my heart and soul .
This is most amazing AC component I have listened to in our shop or in fact the most amazing product I had the privilege to hear in our store. The LE system was already tuned for Talos LE arrival.
From the start it appears something very special I am witnessing, very , very special. Suddenly the system rose few steps and reminded me of Munich experience. Minus Erevus and crazy Achilleas of course. And of AC HQ listening sessions on a much smaller scale. But completeness of the sound is there in spades !
Can’t stop listening to the completely natural sound with all ingredients it must have - surreal !
More, later, but let me tell you - this is the best source I have listened to , ever. And the biggest transformation of the system by changing the source. Few friends and customers who have listened to the system today, were simply shocked.
Thank you , Stavros for taking this special care of tuning it sooo good.
PS I hope no waking trough Hell this time , may be I learned from Talos Ref one or two lessons

Sincerely , Vess from Sofia

vess

Nov 4, 2012
Sofia, Bulgaria
www.audio-bg.com
Sorry pics forgotten

Attachments

• 36672FA5-2D79-4D09-B216-DAF60C1A1ECC.jpeg
    36672FA5-2D79-4D09-B216-DAF60C1A1ECC.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 74
  • AF290D6D-8300-4792-BA89-9990D8917366.jpeg
    AF290D6D-8300-4792-BA89-9990D8917366.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
  • B26081B7-543A-49C1-A61E-AF24F809884F.jpeg
    B26081B7-543A-49C1-A61E-AF24F809884F.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 77
  • 3B59EF20-CDC9-4F3D-A531-DA2848F9BF6D.jpeg
    3B59EF20-CDC9-4F3D-A531-DA2848F9BF6D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 83
  • 80D4C0EC-A8D0-4E18-8EF8-516AEEBB761D.jpeg
    80D4C0EC-A8D0-4E18-8EF8-516AEEBB761D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 74

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
It is not like any other phono I have heard. Once you hear it through the Achilleas its full potential can be understood.

vess

Nov 4, 2012
Sofia, Bulgaria
www.audio-bg.com
I guess so, but even now , once you heard it , you know it is phenomenal...

vess

Nov 4, 2012
Sofia, Bulgaria
www.audio-bg.com
Let me try to tell you how special is Talos LE. I do believe, and some others too, that this is the best source component available today. Pretty bold statement, yes, but after listening to this miracle, you will understand. Not an easy task - I speculate here, but for me it looks like they are rare breed, one in Texas, one may be in Athens. And we got 003 unit. Stavros tuned it long and hard, and I am thankful, because we have it on permanent demo in our top system, in fact I listen to it for a few hours every day. Yes, I am lazy bastard. Listening as I write now.

Where to start, may be from hi-fi virtues: transparency - like an open window , soundstage - holographic, focus - razor sharp, timbre - life itself, PRDT or jump factor - to die for, instruments - as on acoustic gem, transients - best ever, attack and decay - perfectly natural , body of the instruments - real, texture - phenomenal, micro detail - unrestricted, low level listening - full of life, energy of the performance - captured full scale, proportion between instruments - real, images - natural size , voices - sentimental ( Diana Krall ), dramatic ( Damien Rice ) , rich ( Nick Cave ), , deep low ( Leonard Cohen ), lazy ( How Gelb ) , melancholic ( Chet Baker ) , absolutely unique ( Louis Armstrong ), I mean as lifelike as it gets. Every tiny little sound has its place, making experience so complete, you sit there, enjoying harmony and music flow ( those two elusive virtues ) the way you never thought would be possible. I mean we hope, we pray for it, but so rarely witness it. Emotional impact is full scale, taking no prisoners , tears start without warning, leaving no one indifferent, most likely strongly shaken by the performance in a very dramatic way. Yes, this is not for average audiophile, analyzing listening to death, doing full dissection like best pathologist. No, this is for true music lover with big heart and soul, who needs the system to step out and leave performance and artists do their best. And in this case, they do, they perform as close as it gets to live gig in front of you.

I guess I need to remind you - this is no marketing, just a humble effort to describe the indescribable - my honest emotions. So, easier and better - come to our showroom and experience this miracle for yourself. If you find it otherwise, I am perfectly fine. The beauty is in the ears of the listener, or his/her brain actually. You don’t find it - no offense here.

But you better run to listen, as those masterpieces are the most rare things to find. And life is too short to be lucky to see/hear one or two .

Blame me for anything, but not for telling my truth from my heart ... Don't take my word for granted, come and check.

Sincerely, Vess

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017

vess

Nov 4, 2012
Sofia, Bulgaria
www.audio-bg.com
Hi, three inputs RCA/XLR, two via internal SUTs ( 18dB and 26dB ), third one taking MC or MM, 62 dB gain. Unlimited loading options via plug in resistors.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing