RSD - how was yours?

Shaffer

Nov 2, 2012
NYS
My friend and I got to our favorite store right about the time they opened. Folks were already walking out with their purchases, carrying out a single LP, or so it seemed. Just one. That's when we knew it was going to be a good day. I scored pretty much everything I wanted, save for the Sigur Ros LP. The turnout was fantastic, mostly young folks buying records. The ratio of boomer to breather was maybe 1:30. Scroll through the pics link'd below. Very encouraging:

http://www.facebook.com/recordarchive

Due to a previous commitment I was unable to partake in RSD for the first time this year. I didn't like it, but I also wasn't going to give up a highly anticipated live classical music recital. So I asked a buddy to be on the lookout for 2 titles I wanted.

Cream - Royal Albert Hall 2005 (3LP set)
Steven Wilson - Luminol

He was able to score both of them for me and he's bringing them over next Saturday. One thing though...that Cream set didn't come cheap either...$90 although he managed a 20% discount. Still!:eek:

i got 6 Lps on RSD, what was best was how many people were there. even at the Bellevue Silver Platters there were lots of people. vinyl is really thriving! and not just us 60'ish boomers either.

The line was around the block at Waterloo in Austin~ I didn't want to deal with it, although I think it is a great thing to promote independent record stores. Saw lot's of folks walking around town yesterday with bags of 'vinyls.'
I may be a conspiracy theorist, but somehow, the Reggae Festival here happened to coincide with national pot smoking day.
That Cream set sounds like a nice one, John.
I saw that there was an old Kinks mono reissue of some sort being released as well.

I had to work so I missed out...but Mike Lavigne was kind enough to pick up the one LP I really wanted...The Smoke Fairies "Upstairs at United". http://www.453music.com/upstairs.php

View attachment 9355

Thanks Mike!

I got one of those, too, as well as 12 other releases on LP. So far I'm pretty thrilled with everything.

I thought 4/20 was known for something else on college campuses across America ;)

Not just college campuses. :)

Does finally finding the time to listen to the records that came in over the last three weeks count?

Was your haul T-H-I-S G-O-O-D? :)

408683_451760901573774_497903357_n.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing