Ron Resnick Launches Audio Cafe LLC, a New Clarisys Audio Dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
It had the same rear energy front and back…like the Clarisys ribbon. Both are true dipoles. Having owned both Apogees and my own DIY BG based hybrids I can tell you that they interact similarly with the room.

Ok , i did’nt recall rear energy being analogous to front when measured , old memory thanks for the recall ..

Last edited:
Yes, agree with your decision. When I became a dealer for KR Audio many years ago, I stopped reviewing for Positive Feedback. When I stopped being a dealer I became a reviewer again until I became a dealer for Aries Cerat...then I stopped reviewing again. I just feel it's a conflict of interest and there is no need for it.

People on the industry side of the equation (manufacturers, distributors, dealers and the press) have, like it or not, an obligation to self-police themselves to avoid the appearance of inpropriety, dishonesty, conflicts of interest or the appearance of a conflict of interest No one does that for them. So, kudos, your action reflects an understanding of that obligation.

Congratulations Ron, nobody is more passionate about audio than you are ! :) What a great way for potential buyers to hear new equipment !
Thank you so much, Milan!

I might go so far to say, there are enough reviewers out there that don't have adequate rooms or electrical infrastructure to make accurate judgements on what something can really do. At least Ron has a very good power to his gear. And he has taken a lot of time to work on the room. I would prefer he had one set of speakers in the room. Time will tell where he goes on that. Maybe he needs his speakers on a conveyor belt to move them with the push of a button.
Haha, that makes Fremer’s reviews useless before you fixed his electrical infrastructure.

Last edited:
Haha, that makes Fremer’s reviews useless before you fixed his electrical infrastructure.
There is more than Fremers out there. My point is, for how entrenched people get on their opinion of a revewers role, few consider the structure of the testing environment. That to me seems a key critical ingredient. Much more so than the perception of integrity.

Mike of Suncoast could never be a reviewer. But say Morricab selling 1 piece of equipment. Or Steve? 2 very tallented knowledgeable people walk away from educating readers and who are they replaced by. Maybe a lesser experienced hobbiest. It does not make sense to me.
Think of it this way Where do you go to get your knowledge. I bet the vast majority go to the internet. Then they read every word Elliot writes and formulate an opinion the speaker and amp he sells are world class and they go listen. People are already using stores as vehicles of knowledgeable on how something voices and performs.

Who hear thinks any one of us is not totally biased on the equipment we own. Forum members are probably a far worse source of knowledge, yet that is what most people read and develop opinions off.

Last edited:
There is more than Fremers out there. My point is, for how entrenched people get on their opinion of a revewers role, few consider the structure of the testing environment. That to me seems a key critical ingredient. Much more so than the perception of integrity.

Mike of Suncoast could never be a reviewer. But say Morricab selling 1 piece of equipment. Or Steve? 2 very tallented knowledgeable people walk away from educating readers and who are they replaced by. Maybe a lesser experienced hobbiest. It does not make sense to me.
Think of it this way Where do you go to get your knowledge. I bet the vast majority go to the internet. Then they read every word Elliot writes and formulate an opinion the speaker and amp he sells are world class and they go listen. People are already using stores as vehicles of knowledgeable on how something voices and performs.

Who hear thinks any one of us is not totally biased on the equipment we own. Forum members are probably a far worse source of knowledge, yet that is what most people read and develop opinions off.
as a manufacturer and vendor to dealers, not sure you are unbiased either. you depend on dealers for referrals. nothing wrong with bias. part of life. but it's a prism consumers must consider when hearing advice. who has a stake and who does not? hobbyists can have brand and personal loyalties too, which needs to be accounted for. our whole lives have preferences involved all the time. but what is the reason? how much to trust? what info is being withheld?

Last edited:
This is to announce that I am now a home dealer for Clarisys Audio loudspeakers and Hegel Music Systems. This home dealer project is in addition to all of my current activities, including my participation on the forum, my interviews and show reports and other videos for the WBF YouTube channel, and my reviewing for Mono and Stereo.

I promise to do my best to be bright line careful when wearing my dealer hat for Clarisys Audio versus my other hats which require neutrality, impartiality and intellectual honesty. I promise to do my best to be explicit and declaratory when I am acting on behalf of Clarisys versus when I am engaged in any of my audio industry interviewing, reporting or reviewing activities.

The name of the dealership is Audio Cafe LLC. The website for Audio Cafe is www.AudioCafeBeverlyHills.com. Please check it out!

If you wish to audition the Clarisys Audio Studio Plus loudspeakers please contact me! I have installed the Studio Plus speakers in my main listening room, starting with my usual sources (Studer A820 tape machine, Brinkmann Balance turntable and Lampizator Baltic 4) and my usual electronics (Aesthetix, VTL and Jadis). Presently I have a Hegel V10 phono stage and a P30A pre-amplifier. I plan to get a Hegel amplifier in the future to be able to offer auditions with a solid-state chain of electronics.

Make an appointment, and let's have some fun!

View attachment 126296
Sounds exciting! Best of luck, Ron.

May you have the best of luck in you business endeavor. I know with your passion you will be successful.
I would not worry about the naysayers, do what you feel is right, follow your heart & be honest.
God Bless!

as a manufacturer and vendor to dealers, not sure you are unbiased either. you depend on dealers for referrals. nothing wrong with bias. part of life. but it's a prism consumers must consider when hearing advice. who has a stake and who does not? hobbyists can have brand and personal loyalties too, which needs to be accounted for. our whole lives have preferences involved all the time. but what is the reason? how much to trust? what info is being withheld?
Sure. If someone said to me they wanted something and I knew a dealer that I respected that carried it, I would give them the dealer name and contact info. I do it all the time. I don't see a conflict or any bias in that.
And its a far cry to say I depend on dealers. I have done close to 100 projects. Maybe 3 are referrals from dealers.

If you ask me about power conditioners, I have bias. But even then, I still design every job to accommodate multiple filter options. You never want to bury wire behind the wall and not have provisions for future growth or change.

May you have the best of luck in you business endeavor. I know with your passion you will be successful.
I would not worry about the naysayers, do what you feel is right, follow your heart & be honest.
God Bless!
Thank you for the kind words, Rad!

Thank you very much, Greg!

As a former Apogee owner, I'd be curious to know what you think of Clarisys.
I can only offer my spotaneous, non critical reaction to the sound of the Clarisys in Munich, last year and the year before.
On both occasions, I thought the Clarisys had more low end and bigger sense of scale than I heard with the Duettas. This is based on memory and a different system (EAR 519 monos, PT Too anniversary / S100 / VdHul something) - so, not a very reliable comparison, of course!

I can only offer my spotaneous, non critical reaction to the sound of the Clarisys in Munich, last year and the year before.
On both occasions, I thought the Clarisys had more low end and bigger sense of scale than I heard with the Duettas. This is based on memory and a different system (EAR 519 monos, PT Too anniversary / S100 / VdHul something) - so, not a very reliable comparison, of course!
I know I was never able to get the quantity and quality of the bass out of my Apogee Scintillas. The Sudios go lower, have more impact(you can feel the bass) and even in the upper 20s, lower 30 hz range you can really differentiate the notes and tone—at least for me in my setup.

I know I was never able to get the quantity and quality of the bass out of my Apogee Scintillas. The Sudios go lower, have more impact(you can feel the bass) and even in the upper 20s, lower 30 hz range you can really differentiate the notes and tone—at least for me in my setup.

IIRC, the problem with Scintillas & bass was that one needed a power substation to drive them. They looked like they had lots of bass -- it just wasn't easy to extract it back then...

This is to announce that I am now a home dealer for Clarisys Audio loudspeakers and Hegel Music Systems. This home dealer project is in addition to all of my current activities, including my participation on the forum, my interviews and show reports and other videos for the WBF YouTube channel, and my reviewing for Mono and Stereo.

I promise to do my best to be bright line careful when wearing my dealer hat for Clarisys Audio versus my other hats which require neutrality, impartiality and intellectual honesty. I promise to do my best to be explicit and declaratory when I am acting on behalf of Clarisys versus when I am engaged in any of my audio industry interviewing, reporting or reviewing activities.

The name of the dealership is Audio Cafe LLC. The website for Audio Cafe is www.AudioCafeBeverlyHills.com. Please check it out!

If you wish to audition the Clarisys Audio Studio Plus loudspeakers please contact me! I have installed the Studio Plus speakers in my main listening room, starting with my usual sources (Studer A820 tape machine, Brinkmann Balance turntable and Lampizator Baltic 4) and my usual electronics (Aesthetix, VTL and Jadis). Presently I have a Hegel V10 phono stage and a P30A pre-amplifier. I plan to get a Hegel amplifier in the future to be able to offer auditions with a solid-state chain of electronics.

Make an appointment, and let's have some fun!

View attachment 126296
I'm wishing you all the best with your new endeavor Ron...John

Thats because your Studio has a massive amount of more magnetic field strength, control, a much more stable frame and a larger x-max. I am glad you enjoy them :)

Reactions: Bbock
H
Thats because your Studio has a massive amount of more magnetic field strength, control, a much more stable frame and a larger x-max. I am glad you enjoy them :)
By How much did you increase the moving mass of the panel by?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing