Roksan TMS (Touraj Moghaddam Signature) with Artemiz and Shiraz

Birdwatcher

May 29, 2018
EU
Hello,
are there any TMS user here? What is your opinion on it, what is the setup (tonearm, cartridge, motor supply, phono stage?), which base or table do yo use? Any special tricks outside of the very long manual?

Maybe some former owner? What was your next turntable and what was to sonic change?

Are there some, who have compared it with any kind of other tables on the long run?

I am personally influenced by Roksan in the 1990ies with a Radius, Tabriz-zi and several cartridges. That was the beginning of my Hi-Fi passion, and over 7 years a constant source in my system. Of course I dreamt of the TMS, read several reviews, looked at several pictures, and there were about 3 or 4 situations in the last 20 years, I was so close to buy one.

Tomorrow one late type should arrive here and play beneath my Platine Verdier and Brinkmann Taurus….

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Congrats. I have heard the TMS many years ago and loved. I still have my very high spec Xerxes 20 Plus with Reference power supply and Artemiz arm and now with custom VDH Frog Gold which I still love. I have my table on 3 tier Mana Refernce stand plus Roksan plinth. I had SME V arm first and prefer the Artemiz as it's more dynamic and faster. I use Transparent Ref phono cable. I also use Transparent power cable. Mine was setup by Touraj at their factory. I suggest you email Touraj at his Vertere email as he is very helpful. Please be careful with bearings on the Artemiz as I popped mine at the start! Setup is very important as always and dynamics will suffer if not correct. When setup correctly the motor should rotate slightly if you gently touch the felt mat. Suggest you ask Touraj for tips. Vertere have a new mat that should work with your TMS. You may want to get a new belt and fresh oil as well. Hope this helps. Enjoy your new table. It's stunning looking as well.

Reactions: Birdwatcher

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing