RIP Peter Breuninger

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
What a sad shock...such strong energy and enthusiasm always for all things audio. Prayers to him and his family. Always enjoyed his videos and genuinely found his approach fun...perhaps his fellow reviewers on the site will continue and take over his great legacy of video reviews...

Reactions: FDPDK and Argonaut

joel_hifi

Dec 19, 2020
RIP, I hope his show reports and equipment reviews will stay online, great legacy

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
R.I.P. Peter.

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Love his videos! RIP

InfigoAudio

Industry Expert
Jun 14, 2022
Kelowna, BC, Canada
www.infigoaudio.com
We're very sad to read this news. We'll truly miss his enthusiastic reviews and presence at the audio shows... It's been an honour to have been able to share our love for music. Wishing Terri strength.

The Infigo Audio team.

Reactions: bazelio

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
A true ambassador for our hobby/businesses. He will be sorely missed. Condolences to his family and friends.

Cyrus

Jun 15, 2018
Peter, you will be missed. Dormit in pace. Sincere condolences to his family, loved ones and friends.

Reactions: apdoc2004

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
I always looked forward to his videos which introduced me to new products and companies I do not have access to. A sad day. May his legacy live on!

caesar

May 30, 2010
Very sad news. Peter had a lot of passion for musical sounding gear, vs. the sterile dreck the so-called experts call the "BEST". (Wilson/ Magico with CH Precision?!!????!!!??? That sounds like music to these "experts"?)

I don't follow too many 'audio journalists", as I find them nauseatingly disgusting, so there may be someone else out there. But Peter was the last guy I am aware of to share Harry Pearson's taste. He was also way ahead of many in the industry with the Youtube work.

He should have been appointed as Harry Pearson's replacement.

Reactions: stsxerses

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
Oh lord! This is indeed sad news........ I’m just catching up with the news.
I saw him at the Munich show just a month ago. Oh no!

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Wow, surprising and sad news. Was there any information given around the cause of his death? One thing for sure, he was doing what he loved right up to the end. We should all be so lucky.

Peter passed away peacefully in his sleep.

Cyrus

Jun 15, 2018
Peter had a lot of passion for musical sounding gear,... ...Peter was the last guy I am aware of to share Harry Pearson's taste. He was also way ahead of many in the industry with the Youtube work.

+1 @caesar

RidingBean72

Sep 2, 2020
This is sad news. Best wishes to his family, and god bless. I always looked forward to his show reports. I loved his passion and enthusiasm for all things audio.

Reactions: ihmeyers

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
It is always extremely sad to hear that someone passed away at a relative young age. This sad news about Peter brings back sad memories regarding the Dutch audio reviewers for 6Moons Marja & Henk who left us last year. Let’s hope there is loads of beautiful music to be enjoyed by all of them in their ‘afterlife’.

Last edited:

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
R.I.P. Peter, I will miss you informative videos.

Peter's interviews, equipment and show reports were the best on Youtube. There are so may shamatuers who try to pass themselves off as experts but have no clue.

ihmeyers

VIP/Donor
Nov 13, 2017
Palm Beach County, Florida

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing