RE: Free HiRez Classical Downloads

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I bought the Blu-ray of this....stunning!

John

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
I downloaded Fluke, and one of the stereo 24/96 files (which my Audio Midi setup screen says my iMac will handle). I have the FLAC file, and Fluke in my applications folder. I try to open Fluke, and a button appears that says "Run Script". When clicked, nothing happens. I'm running 10.5.8 Leopard on this Mac. The FLAC file, when attempting to open it, says no application exists to open it. Please advise!

Lee

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
HI

I do respect Apple and the Mac software however for music playing, it seems that Windows is the way to go. I have a Mac and a Windows Music server... I find myself using the WIndows more than the Mac. Foobar is free, easy and plays All formats known to humankind .. There is even an application for touch control ( i-Touch, iPad, iPhone) of course free. Else JRiver is a ($40) alternative that I am currently learning, I don't think there is a Mac version...

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Heck if you used the Mac there is nothing to learn :)

Apparently, my ape brain is incapable of understanding how to use these programs to convert files. I can play stuff out of iTunes, no problem. I can burn CDs and DVDs from files on the computer. Just can't make these conversions work! I'm in need of remedial nerd school.

Lee

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Amir,

When I right click or ctrl/click on the FLAC file in my downloads folder, a message pops up that there is no default application chosen to open the file. I trashed Fluke and reinstalled it to no avail. Frustrated.

Lee

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing