Raven Audio

Ravendave

Industry Expert
Mar 30, 2014
Chita, Texas
The Raven Audio Spirit 300B MK2 - Stereophile delima

At long last, Art Dudley, Stereophile Reviewer D'extraordinaire - has finally completed the follow-up review for the new version of the Spirit 300B (MK2) Monoblock Amplifiers. It is in the May 2015 edition. Thanks to everyone that followed this post. Please read on ~!~

And Thanks to Art Dudley for allowing and doing a follow-up in the first place. Because he sure didn't have to. Whew... :p

So... one might suspect that this brings the saga to a better end... and one might be WRONG!!!!!!

As long as there is any digital record out there, the largest, most read, and foremost (first) will always maintain the largest presence on the web. So we are still screwed... at least for the foreseeable future....... :eek: In other words..... at least FOR-EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
If Stereophile measured a broken unit, why don't you take your own measurements and post them here and/or your website. My hunch is that customers for tube gear don't care much for measurements anyhow.

In the world we've been living in for the last 10 years, magazine reviews are aren't very helpful to potential customers. There are several online only audio review magazine who do similar tests and measurements. The disadvatage that Stereophile has is that they've clung to the paper magazine format and not fully moved into a totally online experience. I think folks are looking for a more interactive and informative way to evaluate gear. That is better done in social media and other online venues. I do think JA's measurents can be very helpful, but any manufacturer could do the same thing themselves in a controlled environment.

At long last, Art Dudley, Stereophile Reviewer D'extraordinaire - has finally completed the follow-up review for the new version of the Spirit 300B (MK2) Monoblock Amplifiers. It is in the May 2015 edition. Thanks to everyone that followed this post. Please read on ~!~

And Thanks to Art Dudley for allowing and doing a follow-up in the first place. Because he sure didn't have to. Whew... :p

So... one might suspect that this brings the saga to a better end... and one might be WRONG!!!!!!

As long as there is any digital record out there, the largest, most read, and foremost (first) will always maintain the largest presence on the web. So we are still screwed... at least for the foreseeable future....... :eek: In other words..... at least FOR-EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravendave

Industry Expert
Mar 30, 2014
Chita, Texas
Well did anyone get to read Mark Pearson's new review of the Raven Audio Shadow Stereo Amplifier?

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue78/raven_shadow.htm

Mark is an impressive reviewer for sure. I know he's supposed to be "the new guy" so to speak, but his writing style and ability to keep you reading like a great novel is very impressive and certainly a welcome addition to the Positive Feedback Online staff.

We try very hard to research and develop products that will compete with the best of the best, and its no Cakewalk I can assure you. Its an easy way to drain your bank account and your valuable time, but I think that finally we are getting good at it.

I want to thank everyone for getting behind us so incredibly well while we are going through our "new guy" growing pains too. And thank you so much Mark for starting this forum thread and graciously accepting our products for review two years in a row now. Thank you thank you thank you SIR!

And when you are ready for the latest and greatest, let me know~!

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
I have owned a Raven Reflection MK2 Integrated amp for over three years now. It drives Sonus Faber Amati Tradition Homage speakers. I can only say when people come to my house, they gravitate toward Dave's amp and want to know all about it. Then once they hear the sound, they can't wait to get invited back over. I can attest to Dave having some of the rarest and best audio tubes around. Raven get's very little publicity as it is a very small Company that just puts out a real beautiful sounding amplifier. They are a hidden gem.

Raven has just launched their own speaker line and cables. I had the chance to listen to the Raven Corvus Reference speakers and they sounded great at a very good price. Just to echo everyone's comments, Dave is truly a class individual. I wish them the best in their new business.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing