MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
Reactions: PeterA

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Looks interesting. But a $36 K single subwoofer without its own crossover is not a complete package. Not supplying a amplifier, so you can choose one that matches your own system, is OK, but no crossover is just not acceptable for a product in this price range and with these aspiration. :rolleyes:

Monced

Oct 11, 2023
France
Hello everyone, let me introduce myself, I am new to the forum, my name is Cédric, I am in France (sorry for my English), and I have a Pure Low in my possession. It supports my Quad esl57 in the bass, but not only that, it's difficult to explain...it improves the highs and mids. For me in music there is the part that we hear and the part that we feel (through the skin, the bones), and the Pure Low brings that. Listening has nothing to do with other heavy and muddy subwoofers, there is no body effect, it is fast (like the ESL), it moves a lot of air. I'm going to repeat myself again, but nothing to do with other subs, already it's not the same technology (it's not a classic speaker in a box), it's a complex magnetic network, it's made of 3500 parts, assembled by hand (for more than a month) in France and not in China...it cannot be manufactured on factory production lines in large quantities, it is an exceptional product made with love and passion.
To get it, I contacted the manufacturer directly (Patrick and Pierre), because they are not really distributed, so I was able to get a more advantageous price (you have to take advantage of it because as soon as it is distributed , prices will increase), I was able to listen to it and see how it was made. At home, I set it up behind my hi-fi elements, pressed against the wall (something impossible to do with another sub), a Behringer for filtering and a Bryston 4B as an amp, but I sold that, and I I bought a complete and brand new set (filter and amp) from Pure Low (not yet pictured on their website), to improve bass quality, but also space, and to simplify my installation.
Hoping to have brought some answers, have a good day.

Cedric

Reactions: Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Hello everyone, let me introduce myself, I am new to the forum, my name is Cédric, I am in France (sorry for my English), and I have a Pure Low in my possession. It supports my Quad esl57 in the bass, but not only that, it's difficult to explain...it improves the highs and mids. For me in music there is the part that we hear and the part that we feel (through the skin, the bones), and the Pure Low brings that. Listening has nothing to do with other heavy and muddy subwoofers, there is no body effect, it is fast (like the ESL), it moves a lot of air. I'm going to repeat myself again, but nothing to do with other subs, already it's not the same technology (it's not a classic speaker in a box), it's a complex magnetic network, it's made of 3500 parts, assembled by hand (for more than a month) in France and not in China...it cannot be manufactured on factory production lines in large quantities, it is an exceptional product made with love and passion.
To get it, I contacted the manufacturer directly (Patrick and Pierre), because they are not really distributed, so I was able to get a more advantageous price (you have to take advantage of it because as soon as it is distributed , prices will increase), I was able to listen to it and see how it was made. At home, I set it up behind my hi-fi elements, pressed against the wall (something impossible to do with another sub), a Behringer for filtering and a Bryston 4B as an amp, but I sold that, and I I bought a complete and brand new set (filter and amp) from Pure Low (not yet pictured on their website), to improve bass quality, but also space, and to simplify my installation.
Hoping to have brought some answers, have a good day.

Cedric
Very interesting Cedric, we need pictures ! :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing